Flamboyant Malawian Pastor, Shepherd Bushiri seems to be having issues with the Botswanan government as all branches of his church in the country have been closed down following its deregistration in 2018.
This came weeks after the government of Botswana lifted a visa travelling ban imposed on the founder of the Enlightened Christian Gathering church during former president Ian Khama’s administration. The recent crackdown has left Prophet Bushiri’s followers travelling to the church’s headquarters in South Africa on weekends to attend Sunday services while others follow church events through his television channel.
Bushiri who was described by former nationality, immigration and gender affairs minister Edwin Batshu as “too demanding”, had demanded for heavy security from Botswana’s state security agencies whenever he was in the country. He also wanted government to direct all entry points to be opened around the clock for his convenience, a demand said to be a national security threat.
“His church wrote a letter to my ministry requesting that we open our borders for 24 hours. They stated in the letter that, given the stature of the pastor, we should open the borders as per their request,” he said.
Confirming the closure of Prophet Bushiri’s churches in Botswana, the country’s police commissioner Keabetswe Makgophe warned his church members to stop congregating or undertaking church activities because they were operating illegally.
“Following the deregistration of the church and its branches by the Registrar of Societies, the church sought to challenge the decision through the courts,” reads part of the letter.
“The church, however, withdrew its application as per court order… dated July 3, 2019. This meant that the decision to deregister the church stood, hence it should not operate in Botswana. Notwithstanding the above, it appears that the church continues to operate unlawfully within our country. We have therefore within our country. We have therefore been requested to intervene, and its branches around the country do not congregate or undertake any church-related activities”.
The national executive secretary of the church, Pelotshweu Baeng confirmed they’ve received the letter from the Botswanan government. He also disclosed that hundreds of followers attended last week’s service in South Africa’s capital following the letter from the police commissioner.
“We knew that the letter was on its way. We are law-abiding citizens and we will abide by the law,” he said.
Source : Linda ikejis blog
- UK government speaks on Sowore’s rearrest,…
- Akure : Pastor assembles half-naked women to pray in…
- Lol “UNIPORT bans hugging between lecturers and…
- Lagos”Lebanese jailed for 6 months over drug…
- Katsina- Yellow fever kills 115 -photo
- 75-year-old man and woman, 82, wed in Kano after…
- Anambra State “Three trafficked children rescued by…
- Terrible as OAU lecturer found dead in his office -photo
- Ap A junior pastor is asking me out,is it right to…
- Nigeria 🇳🇬 Nollywood actor, Theodore Anyanji is dead -photo
- Nigeria Actress Funke Akindele Bello loses dad -photo
- Popular actor Yul Edochie “ reavel he has a pastoral…
Only Jesus Can Save !
- Botswana Botswana South Africa
Popular Ads Today
- Lagos: RRS arrests two suspects who pose on social media as modelling agents to lure young models to hotels and rob them -photo (69 views)
- Over 80 millions “Former court registrar, wife arrested for money laundering (29 views)
- American woman in shock after finding $37 million accidentally deposited in her bank account -photo (28 views)
- Near Cameroon border “Boko Haram kills 19 Fulani herdsmen” (27 views)
- Admin and Finance Officer at Altara Credit Limited (25 views)
- Treasury Officer at PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) (24 views)
- Quality Control Officer at Sunrose Consulting Limited (22 views)
- Direct Sales Agents at an FMCG Company (11 views)
- Lagos “Mother allegedly sells her day-old baby for N300,000 – photo (10 views)
- Crime” Mompha’s alleged Lebanese accomplice arrested in N1.8b Lagos home with charms -photo (8 views)
- America Singer Cardi B rains money on naked strippers as she visits a strip club in Lagos-photos (8 views)
- Benin “Court sentences two brothers to one year imprisonment for fraud “photos (7 views)
- Trouble “Kano court jails undergraduate for criticizing lawmaker on Facebook -photo (7 views)
- 21 years Former Miss Teen Great Britain who dreamed of becoming ISIS fighter is convicted of funding terrorism -photos (7 views)
- Lagos”Lebanese jailed for 6 months over drug trafficking”photo (6 views)
Popular Ads Overall
- Babcock University confirms expulsion of its students in viral sex tape “Read statement “ – photo (4123 views)
- Invitation to Bid For Mosquito Net Supply Contract at Médecins du Monde (MdM) (576 views)
- America Singer Cardi B rains money on naked strippers as she visits a strip club in Lagos-photos (552 views)
- Sex scandal”Edo state Polytechnic expels two students caught having sex Inside a ‘lecture hall’ -photo (448 views)
- Congratulation As Comedian Akpororo shows off his new car/photos (405 views)
- Ogun State -Lady arrested for burning 4-year-old niece with hot knife/photo (387 views)
- Tragic as Girl dies after allegedly being beaten by her elder sister for bed-wetting -photos (362 views)
- Crime” Mompha’s alleged Lebanese accomplice arrested in N1.8b Lagos home with charms -photo (346 views)
- Female Head of Finance at an Oil and Gas Firm – AFM Recruit (343 views)
- Nigeria 🇳🇬 Nollywood actor, Theodore Anyanji is dead -photo (320 views)
- Karma is a bitch “Lagos police release list of six captured cultists who killed Fashola -photos (310 views)
- Akure : Pastor assembles half-naked women to pray in his church where a 1-year-old child got missing in Akure -photo/video (308 views)
- Malta Guinness celebrates Ramadan with Muslim Faithfuls in Abuja”photos (302 views)
- Nigeria male Barbie” Bobrisky flaunts his New Shape and backside after Surgery-photo (283 views)
- Congratulations “BBNaija Star Bassey Quietly Marries Girlfriend Nadia In The U.S -photos (274 views)