Crime” Mompha's alleged Lebanese accomplice arrested in N1.8b Lagos home with charms -photo
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has arrested a Lebanese identified as Hamza Koudeih and two others suspected to be accomplices of Dubai-based Nigerian social media celebrity, Ismaila Mustapha a.k.a Mompha.
Operatives of the anti-graft agency arrested Koudeih after a three-hour stand-off at his N1.8 billion luxury apartment in the 33-storey Eko Atlantic Pearl Tower, Victoria Island, Lagos. It was learnt that he and his wife refused opening the door to their apartment and also refused responding to appeals by the building’s chief security officer.
The suspect who alongside Mompha and other arrested suspects are allegedly kingpins of a network of cyber criminals who laundered N33 billion through three firms, lived in an apartment which was fortified with triple reinforced fire-proof door and closed-Circuit Television (CCTV) cameras, making it difficult for the operatives to gain entrance.
However after EFCC operatives gained access into the apartment after trying to break down the door with breaching tools, his wife claimed that her husband had escaped through the window even though they lived in the topmost floor.
Koudeih was found hiding in the ceiling and a fire-proof safe containing different charms and talismans in calabashes was uncovered after a search was conducted in his bedroom.
“Our officials knew that he was still inside and they were even hoping to persuade him not to jump out through the window because it would be suicide,” EFCC Lagos Zonal Head, Mr. Mohammed Rabo, who confirmed the arrest, told The Nation.
Two luxury cars were recovered from the suspect who claimed the charms were his “prayer objects”.
Koudeih and his wife’s immigration status are currently being investigated. ;ocal and international law enforcement agencies are said to have indicated interest to collaborate in the investigation.
Rhe Lagos zonal head of the EFCC, Mohammed Rabo said the operation that led to Koudeih’s arrest was “an offshoot of the collaboration between the EFCC and the United States’ Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI),” but that Koudeih was arrested based on “purely EFCC intelligence”.
Rabo added: “Actionable intelligence received from local and international law enforcement agencies had revealed that Koudeih and Mompha alongside their collaborators are high valued targets in Organised Cyber Syndicate Network (OCSN).
“Investigations have also revealed that Mompha uses a firm known as Ismalob Global Investments Limited to perpetrate about N14 billion money laundering while Koudeih also operate two firms namely: THK Services Limited and CHK properties Limited to launder about N19 billion.”
An update on Mompha’s arrest also revealed that 51 bank accounts he allegedly uses for money laundering has been uncovered. The five wristwatches recovered from him after his arrest on Tuesday October 22, has been found to be worth over N60 million rather than the N20 million earlier thought.
- Lagos “Mother allegedly sells her day-old baby for…
- Lagos “12 arrested after attempting to burn down…
- Shocking As Woman arrested with 23 ATM cards hidden…
- Anambra State: Thursday 21-year-old tricycle…
- Crime “23 Nigerians, one Frenchman sentenced to 7…
- Lagos: RRS arrests two suspects who pose on social…
- Lagos Student narrates how she jumped out of moving…
- Lagos”Lebanese jailed for 6 months over drug…
- Amazing As Cardi B Visits Orphanage Home In Lagos -photos
- River State: Notorious armed robber…
- Ogun State -Lady arrested for burning 4-year-old…
- Terrible As Suya seller stabs tea vendor’s…
Only Jesus Can Save !
Popular Ads Today
- Lagos: RRS arrests two suspects who pose on social media as modelling agents to lure young models to hotels and rob them -photo (73 views)
- Over 80 millions “Former court registrar, wife arrested for money laundering (30 views)
- American woman in shock after finding $37 million accidentally deposited in her bank account -photo (29 views)
- Near Cameroon border “Boko Haram kills 19 Fulani herdsmen” (28 views)
- Admin and Finance Officer at Altara Credit Limited (25 views)
- Treasury Officer at PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) (24 views)
- Quality Control Officer at Sunrose Consulting Limited (22 views)
- Direct Sales Agents at an FMCG Company (11 views)
- Lagos “Mother allegedly sells her day-old baby for N300,000 – photo (10 views)
- Crime” Mompha’s alleged Lebanese accomplice arrested in N1.8b Lagos home with charms -photo (8 views)
- Benin “Court sentences two brothers to one year imprisonment for fraud “photos (8 views)
- America Singer Cardi B rains money on naked strippers as she visits a strip club in Lagos-photos (8 views)
- Trouble “Kano court jails undergraduate for criticizing lawmaker on Facebook -photo (7 views)
- 21 years Former Miss Teen Great Britain who dreamed of becoming ISIS fighter is convicted of funding terrorism -photos (7 views)
- Lagos”Lebanese jailed for 6 months over drug trafficking”photo (6 views)
Popular Ads Overall
- Babcock University confirms expulsion of its students in viral sex tape “Read statement “ – photo (4123 views)
- Invitation to Bid For Mosquito Net Supply Contract at Médecins du Monde (MdM) (576 views)
- America Singer Cardi B rains money on naked strippers as she visits a strip club in Lagos-photos (552 views)
- Sex scandal”Edo state Polytechnic expels two students caught having sex Inside a ‘lecture hall’ -photo (448 views)
- Congratulation As Comedian Akpororo shows off his new car/photos (405 views)
- Ogun State -Lady arrested for burning 4-year-old niece with hot knife/photo (387 views)
- Tragic as Girl dies after allegedly being beaten by her elder sister for bed-wetting -photos (362 views)
- Crime” Mompha’s alleged Lebanese accomplice arrested in N1.8b Lagos home with charms -photo (346 views)
- Female Head of Finance at an Oil and Gas Firm – AFM Recruit (343 views)
- Nigeria 🇳🇬 Nollywood actor, Theodore Anyanji is dead -photo (320 views)
- Karma is a bitch “Lagos police release list of six captured cultists who killed Fashola -photos (310 views)
- Akure : Pastor assembles half-naked women to pray in his church where a 1-year-old child got missing in Akure -photo/video (308 views)
- Malta Guinness celebrates Ramadan with Muslim Faithfuls in Abuja”photos (302 views)
- Nigeria male Barbie” Bobrisky flaunts his New Shape and backside after Surgery-photo (283 views)
- Congratulations “BBNaija Star Bassey Quietly Marries Girlfriend Nadia In The U.S -photos (274 views)