As much as any purchase is first considered online, it should always be completed offline and in person/through a proxy with access to the vehicle.
For any vehicle (Tokunbo primarily, and to some extent, Nigerian used), the following would help when considering purchase:
– History before importation to Nigeria(Past condition)
– History in Nigeria(Present condition)
History before importation to Nigeria:
The most effective way to know the history of any vehicle is through a vehicle history report, especially for cars from US/Canada, and some countries in Europe.
All you need to do is to get the VIN or Chassis Number of the car and forward to a History Report platform for NMVTIS, AutoCheck or CarFax Vehicle History Reports.
CarGuideNG provides that service.
It’s quick and requires relatively minor fees compared to the expensive repairs and heartache it would save you from.
History in Nigeria(Present condition):
For a Tokunbo vehicle:
– Verify appropriate Import Customs duty payment.
When you have access to the original customs documents of the vehicle, contact a licensed agent, or go to any Nigerian Customs Service formation to confirm appropriate customs duty was paid and that the customs documents are authentic, you would have to send some details from the customs document like the C Number.
– Pre-Purchase Inspection.
This is a critical step in addition to the above mentioned.
Always enlist the services of a professional to inspect any vehicle you’re considering for purchase. Also endeavour to pick the right professional for the job.
For example, it would be better to have a VW Passat inspected by a specialist in European, rather than Japanese/Asian vehicles, as much as it is possible.
It may also be better to have the inspection done by someone with no direct connection to you, we have had cases where the client had their mechanics encourage purchase of vehicles with obvious faults knowing they would be the benefactor from future repairs.
There are an additional number of steps to take for the past condition for Nigerian used vehicles.
The history report can be a pointer to the true Nigerian or import history.
For example, a lot of AutoCheck or CarFax reports end with:
Vehicle exported from A and imported to B, alongside a date of export.
Where A may be
Newark New Jersey, Baltimore, Halifax Canada, etc
And B may be
Benin(Cotonou) or Nigeria(Lagos)
This is actually quite helpful, because a vehicle with the date of export to Nigeria in May 2014 may likely not be a Tokunbo vehicle, and if such is offered as Tokunbo in 2018, one should be cautious.
Also, if B is Benin, and date of export to Nigeria was May 2018, the vehicle may have been imported through Cotonou, which may require caution because the FG has outlawed such routes of importation.
For a first time/novice or even experienced car buyer these tips, while not exhaustive, would go a long way to ensure a good purchase is made
Tips To Consider Before Buying Properties Online .
- Do not pay in advance even for the delivery Or 50% Down Payment.
- Try to meet at a safe, public location
- Check the item BEFORE you buy it
- Pay only after collecting the item
Visitors online – 141:
users – 0
guests – 136
bots – 5
The maximum number of visits was – 2018-09-19:
all visitors – 8126:
users – 80
guests – 7066
bots – 980
Popular Ads Today
- Ongoing Recruitment at Delta State Hospitals Management Board (1723 views)
- Mel B reveals she is going to rehab for sex addiction – Photo (109 views)
- My dead son’s spirit uses our toilet at night – South African woman says (16 views)
- See how badly this lady was disfigured by a man because she refused to have sex with him -disturbing photos (14 views)
- Video Of A Man caught trying to rape an elderly woman and it was livestreamed (12 views)
- Pretty lady stabs husband several times after boasting about cheating on her /photo (9 views)
- Ben Bruce offers Lady with poetic pidgin English a presenting job on SilverbirdTV – Video (8 views)
- Little boy left stranded after his master threw him out of the house -Photos – Keep sharing (8 views)
- Photo of NSCDC officials arraigned for N2.7m job scam in Kaduna State (6 views)
- Video – Freeze reacts to Beverly Osu’s controversial photo where she wore a Catholic nun’s gear while smoking cigarette (6 views)
- Photo Of UNILAG student dies at Nigerian Defence Academy allegedly after a beating (6 views)
- “They were drinking the blood of Jesus” – Pastor who gave members JIK bleach to drink defends his action (5 views)
- Serena Williams unleashes furious rant as she loses US Open 2018 final to Naomi Osaka (4 views)
- One killed, seven injured as truck crashes in Cross River State (4 views)
- Unknown gunmen kidnap three lecturers In Kaduna State (4 views)
- Davido proposes to Chioma on social media and she responds (4 views)
- DNA test proves Ghanaian boxer, Emmanuel Tagoe Is not the father of his 14-year old son (4 views)
- Two sisters arrested for child neglect after their four children died in a fire while they were out partying (3 views)
- 70 cows stolen as armed bandits kill 2 people in Plateau (3 views)
- Video / Cardi B allegedly tried to fight Nicki Minaj at New York fashion show last night (3 views)
- Tip: Use Onion Juice For Hair Growth (3 views)
- I’ve no idea Davido is member of any secret cult – Manager, Asa Asika (3 views)
- End Of The Road As Traffic robber knocked down during operation (3 views)
- Public Notice -Ondo State governor declares Thursday a work-free to enable public servants get their PVCs (3 views)
- Six more Ghana referees banned for life following bribery probe (3 views)
Popular Ads Overall
- Ongoing Recruitment at Delta State Hospitals Management Board (12730 views)
- Mel B reveals she is going to rehab for sex addiction – Photo (1803 views)
- Viral video of lady pooing directly into Yahoo boy’s mouth for alleged money ritual (639 views)
- Man shares photo of himself licking girlfriend’s ‘used’ menstrual pad (402 views)
- End Of The Road As Traffic robber knocked down during operation (400 views)
- Video about Runs Girls /prostitutes – Enjoy (377 views)
- ‘Most wanted’ Nigerian fraudster extradited to United Kingdom from United States (369 views)
- ‘Madwoman’ Says Sex Partners Own Human Parts Found With Her (344 views)
- Mad couple arrested with human parts under a Lagos bridge – See photos (326 views)
- Omotola Jalade shades half naked women at the AMVCA 2018 with a fan’s post (310 views)
- Suspected kidnapper stoned to death in Abuja for stealing 3-year-old child /Video (296 views)
- Train crushes 52 cows to death in Kaduna – Photos (279 views)
- I’ve no idea Davido is member of any secret cult – Manager, Asa Asika (276 views)
- 22-year-old mother-of five had sex with boy,14, while her husband slept in the same room -See Photos (271 views)
- Bullets fail to penetrate pastor after he was shot in Anambra -See Photos (264 views)