''N1.6bn linked to me was for a Church building project'' Goodluck Jonathan's former aide tells court
The former Senior Special Assistant to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan on Domestic Affairs, Waripamo-Owei Dudafa, today told Justice Mohammed Idris of the Federal High Court in Ikoyi, Lagos, that the N1.6 billion traced to him by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) was proceeds of donations towards a church building project.
Dudafa stated this during his examination-in-chief by his lawyer, Mr Gboyega Oyewole (SAN), after opening his defence on the alleged fraud charge. Dudafa and his co-accused, Iwejuo Joseph Nna, were on June 11th 2016, first arraigned before the court by the EFCC on a 23-count charge of conspiracy to conceal proceeds of crime amounting to N1.6 billion.
At the resumed hearing of the case today, Dudafa told the court that the N1.6 billion the antigraft agency was investigating, was part of the N6 billion realised from the launching towards the building of St. Stephen’s Youth Development Centre, Otuoke, by the Anglican Communion of Otuoke community in March 2013.
“From my interactions with former President Goodluck Jonathan, I know that the funds were proceeds of a launching that was conducted by the Anglican Communion of Otuoke community for the building of St. Stephen’s Youth Development Centre, Otuoke. The launching, which was done in Lagos on the 16th of March, 2013, was organised by the former President as a member of the Anglican Communion and the Grand Patron.
“About N6 billion was realised from the event. Several persons made various donations in cash and in pledges at the event, while the Chief Launcher, Prince Arthur Eze, donated $10 million (about N1.8 billion). The donation by the chief launcher was a pledge which he promised to fulfill in piece-meal.” the former aide said
Dudafa added that his boss, Jonathan, later gave him the task of following up on the promise made by Prince Eze.
“When Prince Eze started redeeming his pledge in piece-meal, the former President directed that I should get somebody in the private sector that will be able to keep the fund. I then brought in a friend, Somprie Omiebi, who later opened an account with a bank in Bayelsa. The naira denominated account was opened to receive Prince Eze’s money.
“Anytime Prince Eze brought any money, the former president will direct that I link up with a Bureau De Change (BDC) operator who will remit the money directly to the account opened by Somprie Omiebi.”
Dudafa denied having anything to do with the companies listed in the charge or even knowing the companies.
“I am not a signatory to their accounts. I am also not a director. I know Somprie Omiebi as someone in the private sector that brought those accounts and the companies to the former president and his wife for the safekeeping of their money. Omiebi is the only person that knows the details of the various accounts,” he said.
The former President’s aide had earlier told the court how he was arrested at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos, by operatives of the Department of State Services (DSS) on the April 17, 2016, while he was accompanying his son to the United Kingdom.
Meanwhile, further hearing in the matter continues.
Tips To Consider Before Buying Properties Online .
- Do not pay in advance even for the delivery Or 50% Down Payment.
- Try to meet at a safe, public location
- Check the item BEFORE you buy it
- Pay only after collecting the item
Visitors online – 169:
users – 0
guests – 164
bots – 5
The maximum number of visits was – 2018-09-19:
all visitors – 8126:
users – 80
guests – 7066
bots – 980
Popular Ads Today
- Ongoing Recruitment at Delta State Hospitals Management Board (1725 views)
- Mel B reveals she is going to rehab for sex addiction – Photo (109 views)
- My dead son’s spirit uses our toilet at night – South African woman says (16 views)
- See how badly this lady was disfigured by a man because she refused to have sex with him -disturbing photos (14 views)
- Video Of A Man caught trying to rape an elderly woman and it was livestreamed (12 views)
- Pretty lady stabs husband several times after boasting about cheating on her /photo (9 views)
- Ben Bruce offers Lady with poetic pidgin English a presenting job on SilverbirdTV – Video (8 views)
- Little boy left stranded after his master threw him out of the house -Photos – Keep sharing (8 views)
- Photo of NSCDC officials arraigned for N2.7m job scam in Kaduna State (6 views)
- Video – Freeze reacts to Beverly Osu’s controversial photo where she wore a Catholic nun’s gear while smoking cigarette (6 views)
- Photo Of UNILAG student dies at Nigerian Defence Academy allegedly after a beating (6 views)
- “They were drinking the blood of Jesus” – Pastor who gave members JIK bleach to drink defends his action (5 views)
- Serena Williams unleashes furious rant as she loses US Open 2018 final to Naomi Osaka (4 views)
- One killed, seven injured as truck crashes in Cross River State (4 views)
- Unknown gunmen kidnap three lecturers In Kaduna State (4 views)
- Davido proposes to Chioma on social media and she responds (4 views)
- DNA test proves Ghanaian boxer, Emmanuel Tagoe Is not the father of his 14-year old son (4 views)
- Justin Bieber and Hailey Baldwin spotted at Marriage License Courthouse ahead of their dream wedding – Photo (3 views)
- Two sisters arrested for child neglect after their four children died in a fire while they were out partying (3 views)
- 70 cows stolen as armed bandits kill 2 people in Plateau (3 views)
- Video / Cardi B allegedly tried to fight Nicki Minaj at New York fashion show last night (3 views)
- Tip: Use Onion Juice For Hair Growth (3 views)
- I’ve no idea Davido is member of any secret cult – Manager, Asa Asika (3 views)
- End Of The Road As Traffic robber knocked down during operation (3 views)
- Public Notice -Ondo State governor declares Thursday a work-free to enable public servants get their PVCs (3 views)
Popular Ads Overall
- Ongoing Recruitment at Delta State Hospitals Management Board (12732 views)
- Mel B reveals she is going to rehab for sex addiction – Photo (1803 views)
- Viral video of lady pooing directly into Yahoo boy’s mouth for alleged money ritual (639 views)
- Man shares photo of himself licking girlfriend’s ‘used’ menstrual pad (402 views)
- End Of The Road As Traffic robber knocked down during operation (400 views)
- Video about Runs Girls /prostitutes – Enjoy (377 views)
- ‘Most wanted’ Nigerian fraudster extradited to United Kingdom from United States (369 views)
- ‘Madwoman’ Says Sex Partners Own Human Parts Found With Her (344 views)
- Mad couple arrested with human parts under a Lagos bridge – See photos (326 views)
- Omotola Jalade shades half naked women at the AMVCA 2018 with a fan’s post (310 views)
- Suspected kidnapper stoned to death in Abuja for stealing 3-year-old child /Video (296 views)
- Train crushes 52 cows to death in Kaduna – Photos (279 views)
- I’ve no idea Davido is member of any secret cult – Manager, Asa Asika (276 views)
- 22-year-old mother-of five had sex with boy,14, while her husband slept in the same room -See Photos (271 views)
- Bullets fail to penetrate pastor after he was shot in Anambra -See Photos (264 views)