Atiku says Buhari’s threat to ballot box snatchers is an electoral offence
PDP presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar has reacted to President Buhari’s threat to potential ballot box snatchers which he stated at a meeting in Abuja today.
Reacting to the statement, Atiku stated that Buhari is only showing his true colors by disregarding the country’s laws.
This is contained in a statement by his media aide, Phrank Shaibu.
The statement read:
“We were shocked to hear General Buhari live on national television threatening to kill people for an offence where no such proscription exists under law. The last time we looked the death-penalty was not a sanction of the 2010 election ac
“In fact, threatening people with death in the context of an election is incitement to electoral violence, which is an offence under that act.
“Once again General Buhari is showing his true colours and complete disregard for our constitution and the laws of this country. He is getting confused with when he was President under military rule.
“His fig leaf of being a ‘reformed democrat’ has been blown away by this latest statement leaving his democratic credentials as naked as the day he was born
“I have always been a democrat and defender of our laws and constitution
“So rather than make up new penalties on the spot in a press conference, our plans to establish the EFC by using the framework of the 2002 establishing act of the EFCC have been well researched so that we can introduce this new entity within days of assuming office.
“Likewise, we do not believe in the principle of retrospective legislation so it will be empowered to investigate and prosecute electoral malpractice based on the 2010 Electoral Act. Any person considering conducting electoral malpractice, inciting violence or the illegal arrest of political opponents should be put on notice that my administration on entering office will apply the full force of the law on them.
“We do not believe that one illegal act deserves another so a PDP government will always operate within the framework of our legal structures and laws.”
- becky: 9 comments
- Lizzy: 4 comments
- mary: 2 comments
- : 1 comment
- download: 1 comment
- Chester: 1 comment
- kaycam: 1 comment
- download: 1 comment
- Silicone bracelets: 1 comment
- エルメス 財布 レディース 二つ折り: 1 comment
Popular Ads Today
- Presidency re-affirms”Anyone who dares to put the lives of innocent citizens at risk to rig elections, must be prepared for the possibility of losing their own lives” (55 views)
- Two children among the 6 people injured when car hit a group of pedestrians outside primary school in the UK (5 views)
- Inspector General of Police orders investigation into photo of police officers doing President Buhari’s 4+4 sign (4 views)
- Singer Davido gives up on Atiku winning the presidential election’photos (4 views)
- Career Opportunities at First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) (3 views)
- 8 people killed in terrible car accident on Lagos Abeokuta express (3 views)
- Ghanian actress “Moesha Boduong shares sultry photos, says that doesn’t define who she is”photo (3 views)
- Zidane to be given £200m to spend at Chelsea (3 views)
- Alex Badeh Killers revealed” How they plotted his death “photo (2 views)
- Anambra state”Secondary school student Emmanuel Chukwuebuka Nnanna stoned to death by his classmate’photo (2 views)
- Abuja”Buba Galadima reportedly arrested by unknown masked men”photos (2 views)
- Kylie Jenner accuses Travis Scott of cheating (2 views)
- 2face Idibia reacts to allegations of domestic violence/photo (2 views)
- 2019 Elections: FG declares Friday Feb 22nd public holiday, excludes bankers (2 views)
- Kano”Kwankwaso’s convoy attacked “photos (2 views)
Popular Ads Overall
- Presidency re-affirms”Anyone who dares to put the lives of innocent citizens at risk to rig elections, must be prepared for the possibility of losing their own lives” (5907 views)
- 2019 Election, #NigeriaDecides ‘We condemn the postponement of the elections, but urge our supporters to be patient and determined’ – APC (806 views)
- Two children among the 6 people injured when car hit a group of pedestrians outside primary school in the UK (740 views)
- Anambra state”Secondary school student Emmanuel Chukwuebuka Nnanna stoned to death by his classmate’photo (286 views)
- Graduate Transaction Trainee at Whyte Cleon Limited (264 views)
- Cyril Ramaphosa South Africa President warns pastors against using religion to profit from vulnerable people/photo (257 views)
- in Dallas” Former Edo state governor, Lucky Igbinedion’s son dies in fatal car accident “photos (244 views)
- Woman who makes money seducing men online, explains how she does it (231 views)
- 2015 Prophesy of President Buhari coming to power in 2019 if the Election Canceled few hours to time. (228 views)
- Human Resource Intern at Maurice Xandra Solutions Limited (205 views)
- 2019 Election”How Nnamdi Kanu made INEC postpone presidential election – IPOB (204 views)
- Man of God Pastor Oyedepo rains curses ahead of the presidential election/Video (197 views)
- Michael Jackson wore condoms to prevent him from wetting the bed – Doctor (196 views)
- Angry wife shoots her husband after he refused to explain a mystery phone call during their romantic Valentine’s Day dinner/photos (187 views)
- Smart reply “Here is Atiku Abubakar’s response when asked if he will concede if he loses”photos (185 views)