Sonny Echono, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Education has confirmed that every qualified and licenced teacher would be employed as part of efforts to rid the system of unqualified teachers.
He said this while monitoring the May Diet of the Teachers Professional Qualifying Examination (PQE) organised by the Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN) in Abuja on Saturday.
“We are dead serious about implementing the policy and we are also working very hard to ensure that we also are ready. The first thing that is going to happen is that TRCN and NTI are compiling a database of qualified teachers, those that have been certified, those who have taken this examination who are unemployed.
“And we are going to do it and even segregate them state by state and make them available to each state. That is going to be the starting point, that anybody who has been certified as a teacher should be employed because we have no excuse for that. We have a huge debt of qualified teachers, so all those that we have should be engaged to work, and all those who are not qualified we are sorry, we have to move them out of the system.
“Yes, there may be some issues relating to the number, that is why we want to ramp up the production process, we are taking so many measure. And, enforcement is very key. We have taken two steps towards ensuring enforcement. We have upgraded what we call quality assurance department. It used to be called inspectorate, we now have state offices in all the states of the federation.
“The second step is to re-establish the secondary education commission. It has just been approved by Mr President to come on board and we are working out the modalities for how they will operate. What they will be doing, apart from mobilising additional resources to that segment of our education sector, they will be enforcing standards. Indeed we are looking at even the possibility of collapsing our quality control and inspectorate division with the commission, to ensure we effectively monitor together with our colleagues in the state.
Echono reiterated that the deadline for flushing unqualified teachers from the classrooms remains December 31, adding that additional diets of the PQE may be conducted in order for teachers to meet up with the deadline.
The Permanent secretary commended TRCN for the smooth and simplified process of the examination describing it as being up to international standards. “As you can see, it is all electronic. There are no huge crowd or delays; you come in, do your biometrics and when you log in, your picture is displayed. So, there is no issue of anyone sitting on your behalf.’’
30,000 teachers wrote the examination in 50 centres nationwide.
- See Matter‘Day Old Baby’ Goes Missing In Ondo Govt…
- New plan”FG opens radio station to reach…
- Man arrested over attempt to dupe Ogun Commissioner…
- Not again”Lagos 12 injured as three storey building…
- Country Director, Nigeria at TechnoServe
- Photo – Ex-Banker Exposed After Becoming A…
- FG announces plans to stop ownership of gas…
- Suspected serial bank accounts hacker arrested in…
- Ap why do people prefer to go abroad to do dirty…
- IBB Hints Nigerians”This Is What You Should Be…
- Adorable “Kim Kardashian shares first photo of her…
- Finally “Okorocha receives his Certificate of Return…
Only Jesus Can Save !
- Lagos Lagos Nigeria 234
Popular Ads Today
- 23yrs Model Say”He rubbed his genitals in my face and sodomised me” – Ex- beauty queen narrates how she was allegedly raped by Gambia’s former President Jammeh”photos (80 views)
- Driver at Ventoven (8 views)
- Automation Engineer at GZ Industries (2 views)
- Account Payable Officer at G4S Secure Solutions Nigeria Limited (2 views)
- Content Writer at KOKO TV Nigeria (2 views)
- Business Development Officer at Rossland Screening Solutions (2 views)
- Job Vacancies at Primera Food Nigeria Limited (2 views)
- Not again”Lagos 12 injured as three storey building collapses ”photo (2 views)
- Fresh Vacancies at Beacongate Limited (2 views)
- Toyota Camry car 🚙 used (2 views)
- Chinese Translator at Tongyi Group (2 views)
- Country Director, Nigeria at TechnoServe (1 views)
- Kenya police busted man with 17years school girl in Nairobi guesthouse (1 views)
- Nigeria Artist “Duncan Mighty Shades Nigerian Women Who Undergo Cosmetic Surgery” (1 views)
- Big Lost As JAMB Drops N5bn Into Federation Account, Walks Away With N2bn (1 views)
Popular Ads Overall
- 23yrs Model Say”He rubbed his genitals in my face and sodomised me” – Ex- beauty queen narrates how she was allegedly raped by Gambia’s former President Jammeh”photos (12791 views)
- Funny”See what a lady got after she asked a tailor to recreate Mercy Aigbe’s iconic dress”photos (1172 views)
- In tears 😭 “Bella Thorne breaks down in tears on Instagram over Whoopi Goldberg’s remarks to her ‘leaked’ nude ”photos (1015 views)
- Today in South Africa 🇿🇦 “Passenger jet is grounded after foetus is found blocking the toilet ahead of take-off” (988 views)
- Good job 👏 “EFCC re-arraigns American for allegedly defrauding three Nigerians of $565,000 in epic visa scam” (983 views)
- This guy for real 😳?”Man accused of killing 51 worshipers at two New Zealand mosques in March pleads ‘not guilty’ to 92 charges”photo (958 views)
- Driver at Ventoven (912 views)
- South Africa 🇿🇦 “Alleged child rapist dies after his testicles were chopped off by vigilantes” (905 views)
- Seriously 😳 “Alabama governor signs new bill requiring child sex offenders to undergo chemical castration” (798 views)
- Congratulations 🍾 “Dbanj receives Silver plaque from YouTube after hitting 100,000 subscribers ”photos (794 views)
- Video “Drama As Groom Drags Best Man Away From His Wife, Hits Him For Hugging Her Tightly “ (684 views)
- Aren’t you surprised 😮 “Super Eagles coach, Gernot Rohr drops Kelechi Iheanacho and Semi Ajayi from the 2019 AFCON squad” (675 views)
- Video I’m Happy Naira Marley Was Arrested “Ruggedman Mocks Him, Says He Played Himself “ (635 views)
- Unizik sacks senior lecturer, Peter Ekemezie over alleged certificate forgery”photo (628 views)
- Fresh Vacancies at Mondelez International LLC (586 views)