FG announces plans to stop ownership of gas cylinders by consumers
The Federal Government is coming up with a policy that will remove the ownership of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (cooking gas) cylinders from consumers.
FG stated that the move would help deepen the use of LPG, popularly known as cooking gas, adding that the government had reached an agreement with two original cylinder manufacturers to deliver 600,000 cylinders to LPG distributors on credit, with a pre-payment period of 18 months.
Speaking at a stakeholders’ forum on LPG penetration in Abuja on Tuesday, the Senior Technical Assistant to the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources on Downstream and Infrastructure, Brenda Ataga , noted that the planned policy on gas cylinders would require that the ownership of the facility “rests strictly on the dealers and distributors.”
She noted that aside from deepening the penetration and usage of LPG across the country, the policy would also address issues of safety. She said the Federal Government would soon commence a clampdown on illegal roadside LPG dealers and urged operators to immediately convert their outlets to micro distribution centres before the beginning of the enforcement.
“The MDCs will essentially create and introduce into the market what we call the cylinder exchange programme, whereby the cylinders are owned by the distributors,” Ataga said. She told operators, “There is no need for you to decant for anybody that comes in, and that eliminates illegal risks as well. You would fill them at the refill plants that would be tied to you and exchange it with your customers because you know your customers already. “Your customers pay for only the content, while you own the cylinders and control the management of those cylinders.”
Providing reasons for the policy, Ataga said;
“It is for us to be able to, at any point in time, discern and discover cylinders that are bad, cylinders that need recertification and cylinders that need to be removed from circulation.
“We put that onus on distributors going forward, to support the safe and standard method of selling LPG. I tell you today that Nigeria is the only country in West Africa that does not practice the re-circulation model. Everyone has moved away from this because again, most of the population cannot afford cylinders; so, you have to remove that cost from them.”
Only Jesus Can Save !
Popular Ads Today
- 23yrs Model Say”He rubbed his genitals in my face and sodomised me” – Ex- beauty queen narrates how she was allegedly raped by Gambia’s former President Jammeh”photos (4 views)
- Singer”Naira Marley’s management gives update on why he is still in Ikoyi prison (1 views)
- Tragic “Lady dies of asphyxia after porn collector paid her to perform “degrading and dangerous” sexual role play on webcam”photo (1 views)
- Facebook Closes Pro-Buhari Accounts Used To Attack Atiku (1 views)
- Football”Solskjaer ‘offers Paul Pogba captaincy at Manchester United’ in bid to convince him to stay and shun Real Madrid move (1 views)
- Rector at Rocana Institute of Technology (1 views)
- Because of June 12”It is not enough to declare June 12 a work-free day when Nigerians still suffer from the suffocating grip of poverty – Atiku tells Buhari (1 views)
- Account Manager at Lumos Nigeria (1 views)
- Treason”Five people charged over alleged plot to overthrow Zimbabwean president” (1 views)
- FG announces plans to stop ownership of gas cylinders by consumers (0 views)
Popular Ads Overall
- 23yrs Model Say”He rubbed his genitals in my face and sodomised me” – Ex- beauty queen narrates how she was allegedly raped by Gambia’s former President Jammeh”photos (24276 views)
- In tears 😭 “Bella Thorne breaks down in tears on Instagram over Whoopi Goldberg’s remarks to her ‘leaked’ nude ”photos (1444 views)
- Good job 👏 “EFCC re-arraigns American for allegedly defrauding three Nigerians of $565,000 in epic visa scam” (1426 views)
- This guy for real 😳?”Man accused of killing 51 worshipers at two New Zealand mosques in March pleads ‘not guilty’ to 92 charges”photo (1410 views)
- Today in South Africa 🇿🇦 “Passenger jet is grounded after foetus is found blocking the toilet ahead of take-off” (1375 views)
- Driver at Ventoven (1370 views)
- Funny”See what a lady got after she asked a tailor to recreate Mercy Aigbe’s iconic dress”photos (1235 views)
- South Africa 🇿🇦 “Alleged child rapist dies after his testicles were chopped off by vigilantes” (1234 views)
- Congratulations 🍾 “Dbanj receives Silver plaque from YouTube after hitting 100,000 subscribers ”photos (1134 views)
- Seriously 😳 “Alabama governor signs new bill requiring child sex offenders to undergo chemical castration” (1081 views)
- Aren’t you surprised 😮 “Super Eagles coach, Gernot Rohr drops Kelechi Iheanacho and Semi Ajayi from the 2019 AFCON squad” (955 views)
- Unizik sacks senior lecturer, Peter Ekemezie over alleged certificate forgery”photo (795 views)
- Video “Drama As Groom Drags Best Man Away From His Wife, Hits Him For Hugging Her Tightly “ (738 views)
- Fresh Vacancies at Mondelez International LLC (734 views)
- Suspected serial bank accounts hacker arrested in Lagos”photo (705 views)