IFES is an independent, non‐governmental organization providing professional support to electoral democracy. IFES supports citizens’ rights to participate in free and fair elections. Our independent expertise strengthens electoral systems and builds local capacity to deliver sustainable solutions. Since arriving in the country, IFES has been building the capacity of institutions such as the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Civil Society Organizations (CSO), media organizations, and the judiciary.
Electoral violence is a unique subcategory of political violence experienced in different forms, ranging from intimidation, to destruction of property, to violent clashes resulting in loss of life. IFES defines electoral violence as, “Any harm or threat of harm to any person or property involved in the election process, or the process itself, during the election period.
- Open Jobs
- Program Assistant
- Gender and Inclusion Specialist
- IT Officer
- Finance Assistant
- Method of Application
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience3 years
- Job FieldProject Management
- Assist Country Director and the program team in implementing project activities;
- Help monitor the organization’s program implementation;
- Assist in conducting training of trainers;
- Contribute to lessons learned sessions for outreach teams and other partners;
- Contribute to the design and preparation of training materials;
- Assist Country Director and the program team in organizing program activities, including assessments and workshops;
- Assist in scheduling program meetings with partners and drafting of report of such meetings;
- Advice Country Director or designee on political/electoral developments and provide recommendations on matters related to the project goals;
- Provide support to international and local consultants;
- Assist in the collection and analysis of data for monitoring and evaluation of activities;
- Draft program reports including field trip reports, weekly reports, quarterly reports and other program reports and work plan;
- Take of minutes of program meetings and serve as rapporteur for program events;
- Maintain detailed records of program activities and files on IFES database and cabinet;
- Proper tracking and documentation of political and election related activities in the media;
- Provide input on the design and formulation of new program activities;
- Travel outside of Abuja for project activities as required;
Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the Social Sciences, international Relations; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in international development with at least 2 in elections, democracy and governance projects.
- Experience in designing, developing, implementing and evaluating workshop/training.
- Experience working on USAID, DFID and other donor funded projects
- Experience in project management and training is highly required.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and writing) and presentation skills
- The ability to remain highly organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Ability to complete tasks with limited supervision
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality
- Must value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness
- Conduct himself/herself with integrity and function ethically
- Report to Project manager and work with other program coordinators
- Willingness to travel within Nigeria.
Gender and Inclusion Specialist
- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationBA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience8 years
- Job FieldNGO/Non-Profit
- Design and conduct assessments of national legal framework as well as internal policies, practices and initiatives of national election management bodies (EMBs) to assess their impact on the participation
- of men and women in electoral processes;
- Assist INEC and targeted SIECs in the design and implementation of policies and procedures that increase the participation of women in elections and within the Commissions;
- Advise and work closely with the Gender Division of INEC to provide technical support for reforms, initiatives and programs undertaken by the Commission;
- Advise and support the planning and implementation of gender capacity development activities for INEC staff in headquarters and state offices;
- Advise INEC on international best practices to reflect gender equity principles and practices pertaining to electoral management;
- Provide advice and support to INEC’s civic and voter education strategies to increase women’s participation pertaining to electoral management;
- Support the COP and program team with designing and implementing program activities aimed at enhancing INEC’s capacity to implement gender-sensitive policies and practices to increase women’s
- participation in electoral processes;
- Mentor and advise program team on gender mainstreaming in the electoral process;
- Provide input into monitoring and evaluation plan and assist with monitoring to ensure that the program impacts are accurately and adequately measured, especially with regards to activities’
- impacts on men and women;
- Assist INEC to develop elections security strategies that strengthen peaceful elections;
- Assist INEC in designing and implementing strategies that would enable participation and inclusion of persons with disability in the electoral process;
- Work with INEC Civil Society Division in engaging Youth and CSOs on their role in enhancing credible elections;
- Assist in designing and implementing capacity building strategies to enhance Election Petition
- Tribunal, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Elections and Party Monitoring, and Political Party Finance;
- Contribute to the development of program reporting on gender, related areas of programming and any other duties assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor&39;s Degree in Political Science or related field (Master's Degree preferred).
- Minimum of 8 years&#; experience in gender analysis and programming, with a background in human rights and a rights-based approach to development.
- Demonstrated experience working on projects promoting women's participation in governance and elections in Nigeria.
- Familiarity with USAID and other donor gender policies.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Highest consideration will be given to applicants who demonstrate strong and proven track
- record with democracy and governance work.
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience5 years
- Job FieldICT / Computer
- Answer, evaluate, and prioritize incoming helpdesk ticket, telephone, voice mail, e-mail, and in- person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software,
- networking, and other computer-related technologies.
- Interview users to collect information about problem and leads user through diagnostic procedures to determine source of error.
- Handles problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up for routine user problems, referring more complex problems to IT-HQ.
- Create and maintain documentation of support activities and providing status updates to customers; Provide effective incident and problem resolution using automated systems and
- Analyze and evaluate incident reports and make recommendations to reduce help line incident rate.
- Communicate with vendors to resolve technical problems with desktop computing software and hardware.
- Test software and hardware to evaluate ease of use and whether product will aid staff in performing work.
- Train other staff on software and hardware.
- Perform administrative functions on Windows servers in conjunction with the Senior Network Engineer. This will include server upgrades and solving issues related to AD, SMS, Print Services,
- and other applications that use Windows Server. Work with HQ to deploy new technologies and assist in training of local personnel.
Qualifications and Experience
B.Sc/BEng Computer Science/Engineering or minimum of 5 years relevant field experience with
reputable organizations or international NGOs.
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience2 years
- Job FieldFinance / Accounting / Audit
- Provide Assistance with banking transactions;
- Assists Finance Officer in preparing monthly financial reports.
- Assists in the preparation of budgets.
- Assists in the preparation of Field office Wire Transfer Request (WTR) ready to be submitted to IFES HQ.
- Assists on the preparation of Bank & Accounts reconciliation.
- Assists on the preparation of payment vouchers.
- Keep track on all advances and assist clearing process of Travel & Sub Recipient advances. Review Travel Expense reports and reconcile Sub Recipient advances other.
- Reconcile and keep track on accruals for vacation and severance,
- Reconcile and keep track withholding taxes records and assist on the preparation of payment vouchers.
- Provide support to Subgrantees and review Subgrantees financial reports to ensure compliance with terms and condition of the award.
- Perform other duties as assigned by DoFA, Finance Officer and/or Chief of Party
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Financial Management or any related field
- Minimum of 2 years relevant work experience in the financial management and/or accounting field.
- Demonstrated financial management and accounting skill
- Proven ability to work as part of a team and being able to meet deadlines.
- Experience with USAID and other donor financial management, reporting requirements, sub-grants procedures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and Accounting Software, specifically QuickBooks is an added advantage
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their typed written application, current resume, copies of certificates
and three references to: [email protected]
- Fresh Vacancies at Olabisi Onabanjo University…
- Fresh Vacancies at Monier Construction Company Nigeria
- Fresh Jobs at Supermart.ng
- Fresh Vacancies at Beacongate Limited
- Fresh Recruitment at Microsoft Nigeria
- Fresh Vacancies at Doheney Services Ltd
- Fresh Jobs at Chuvie Decor
- Fresh Jobs at Sports World Nigeria
- Fresh Jobs at The Cromwell Courtyard Hotel
- Fresh Vacancies at Mondelez International LLC
- Fresh Jobs at Agiville Industries
- Fresh Jobs at Molly Specialist Hospital
Only Jesus Can Save !
Popular Ads Today
- 23yrs Model Say”He rubbed his genitals in my face and sodomised me” – Ex- beauty queen narrates how she was allegedly raped by Gambia’s former President Jammeh”photos (341 views)
- Smart Nigerian “12-year-old Nigerian boy wins Special Recognition award for discovering a new Mathematics formula-photos (85 views)
- Tragic “Engineering student shot dead by armed robbers few hours to his final exam -photos (82 views)
- Retail Sales Executives at Allianz Nigeria Insurance plc (74 views)
- Good name is better than riches “British lawmaker Keith Vaz steps down after cocaine and male prostitutes scandal -photos (55 views)
- Katsina: Armed robber nabbed with stolen 32-seater Toyota coaster bus- photo (49 views)
- Karma is a bitch “Lagos police release list of six captured cultists who killed Fashola -photos (39 views)
- This guy for real 😳?”Man accused of killing 51 worshipers at two New Zealand mosques in March pleads ‘not guilty’ to 92 charges”photo (30 views)
- Executive Assistant at Opass Limited (30 views)
- South Africa 🇿🇦 “Alleged child rapist dies after his testicles were chopped off by vigilantes” (25 views)
- Van, Tricycle and Bike Sales Representative (22 views)
- Singer 👩🎤 Cardi B suffers nip slip at the BET awards after party (21 views)
- Toyota Camry car 🚙 used (20 views)
- Accountant at UnoCasa Limited (18 views)
- Sales Executive – Automotives at C.Woermann Nigeria Limited (18 views)
Popular Ads Overall
- 23yrs Model Say”He rubbed his genitals in my face and sodomised me” – Ex- beauty queen narrates how she was allegedly raped by Gambia’s former President Jammeh”photos (42825 views)
- Good job 👏 “EFCC re-arraigns American for allegedly defrauding three Nigerians of $565,000 in epic visa scam” (2128 views)
- In tears 😭 “Bella Thorne breaks down in tears on Instagram over Whoopi Goldberg’s remarks to her ‘leaked’ nude ”photos (1953 views)
- This guy for real 😳?”Man accused of killing 51 worshipers at two New Zealand mosques in March pleads ‘not guilty’ to 92 charges”photo (1896 views)
- Today in South Africa 🇿🇦 “Passenger jet is grounded after foetus is found blocking the toilet ahead of take-off” (1791 views)
- Congratulations 🍾 “Dbanj receives Silver plaque from YouTube after hitting 100,000 subscribers ”photos (1686 views)
- South Africa 🇿🇦 “Alleged child rapist dies after his testicles were chopped off by vigilantes” (1675 views)
- Seriously 😳 “Alabama governor signs new bill requiring child sex offenders to undergo chemical castration” (1525 views)
- Driver at Ventoven (1476 views)
- Aren’t you surprised 😮 “Super Eagles coach, Gernot Rohr drops Kelechi Iheanacho and Semi Ajayi from the 2019 AFCON squad” (1353 views)
- Funny”See what a lady got after she asked a tailor to recreate Mercy Aigbe’s iconic dress”photos (1313 views)
- Fresh Vacancies at Mondelez International LLC (1009 views)
- Unizik sacks senior lecturer, Peter Ekemezie over alleged certificate forgery”photo (1005 views)
- Singer 👩🎤 Cardi B suffers nip slip at the BET awards after party (984 views)
- Suspected serial bank accounts hacker arrested in Lagos”photo (922 views)