EFCC on Thursday re-arraigned an American, Marco Ramirez, for allegedly defrauding three Nigerians of $565,000.
The anti graft agency said it charged Ramirez before a judge, Mojisola Dada, on an amended 12-count charge of conspiracy and obtaining under false pretence. Ramirez was arraigned alongside his companies – USA Now LLC; Eagle Ford Instalodge Group LP and USA Now Capital Group.
The American and his companies were previously arraigned on June 22, 2017, before another judge, Josephine Oyefeso, on a 16-count charge but was granted bail in the sum of $25,000. His case file was later transferred while he was subsequently re-arraigned before Judge Dada.
The EFCC said that the accused committed the offences between February 2013 and August 2013 in Lagos Ramirez is alleged to have defrauded Godson Echejue, Abubakar Umar and Olukayode Sodimu of their money promising them that he would invest this under the Citizenship and Immigration Services Employment-Based Fifth Preference (EB-5). He was also arraigned in a separate court before Peter Affen of the Federal Capital Territory High Court, sitting in Maitama on April 18, 2016, for defrauding two Nigerians Ejikeme Mgbemena and Frank Egbon of $2.3m after he promised to provide American Green Card for members of their families below 18 years.
According to the agency, his offences contravene Section 1 (3) of the Advance Fee Fraud and Other Fraud Related Offences Act, No. 14 of 2006. Court Session Mr Ramirez’s counsel, Ademola Adefolaju, urged the court to allow his client continue with the bail terms earlier granted to him by Judge Oyefeso.
Dada asked the defendant if he had complied with the bail terms. Mr Adefolaju confirmed that his client had fully complied and had been going to the EFCC’s office as directed by the court. “Having not breached the bail terms granted by my brother judge, the defendant is hereby allowed to continue with the terms,” the judge ruled. The matter was adjourned till October 7, 8, 9 and 10 for trial.
- Job Vacancies at God Is Good Motors – GIGM
- June 16th”Nigerians arrested in Malaysia for Fraud,…
- Buhari’s Minister Tells Nigerians”Killings:…
- Friday “Nigerian father of two allegedly tortured to…
- Lagos”EFCC Arraigns Two Lawyers In Court For…
- Terminal Operations Manager at God Is Good Motors…
- Good News”Zlatan And Rahman Jago Are Finally…
- Crime As EFCC docks man for N3.2m Facebook scam”photos
- IBB Hints Nigerians”This Is What You Should Be…
- Tuesday “21yrs 300-level Uniben student allegedly…
- Get 2k weekly,10k monthly when you support us .No…
- Unbelievable “Medical student allegedly dive…
Only Jesus Can Save !
- Lagos Lagos Nigeria 234
Popular Ads Today
- 23yrs Model Say”He rubbed his genitals in my face and sodomised me” – Ex- beauty queen narrates how she was allegedly raped by Gambia’s former President Jammeh”photos (17 views)
- Congratulations 🍾 “Dbanj receives Silver plaque from YouTube after hitting 100,000 subscribers ”photos (7 views)
- Management Consulting Intern at Coinbox Limited (3 views)
- On Friday”OAU Student Reportedly Slumps, Dies During Football Match” (2 views)
- Customer Support Specialist – English & Hausa at Bolt Nigeria (2 views)
- Betrayer”NYSC Member Returns Home After Service, Finds Wife Pregnant For Best Friend -photos (2 views)
- Wholesale Manager at Alpha Pharmacy (2 views)
- Job Vacancies at CBM International (2 views)
- Ticketing and Reservation Officer at iCarryGo.com LTD (2 views)
- Internal Control Officer at School Kits Limited (1 views)
- Cute”Rihanna arrives her hometown in Barbados ”Photos” (1 views)
- Femi kuti at the opening ceremony of AFCON 2019“Photos (1 views)
- Driver at Ventoven (1 views)
- Abuja “Celestial Church calls for rescue of three children allegedly being maltreated by their father and stepmum after the death of their mother”photos (1 views)
- Thursday “Abba Dalori remanded in Kuje prison over alleged 10million naira fraud”photo (1 views)
Popular Ads Overall
- 23yrs Model Say”He rubbed his genitals in my face and sodomised me” – Ex- beauty queen narrates how she was allegedly raped by Gambia’s former President Jammeh”photos (23939 views)
- This guy for real 😳?”Man accused of killing 51 worshipers at two New Zealand mosques in March pleads ‘not guilty’ to 92 charges”photo (1410 views)
- Good job 👏 “EFCC re-arraigns American for allegedly defrauding three Nigerians of $565,000 in epic visa scam” (1409 views)
- In tears 😭 “Bella Thorne breaks down in tears on Instagram over Whoopi Goldberg’s remarks to her ‘leaked’ nude ”photos (1398 views)
- Driver at Ventoven (1369 views)
- Today in South Africa 🇿🇦 “Passenger jet is grounded after foetus is found blocking the toilet ahead of take-off” (1347 views)
- Funny”See what a lady got after she asked a tailor to recreate Mercy Aigbe’s iconic dress”photos (1234 views)
- South Africa 🇿🇦 “Alleged child rapist dies after his testicles were chopped off by vigilantes” (1233 views)
- Congratulations 🍾 “Dbanj receives Silver plaque from YouTube after hitting 100,000 subscribers ”photos (1118 views)
- Seriously 😳 “Alabama governor signs new bill requiring child sex offenders to undergo chemical castration” (1081 views)
- Aren’t you surprised 😮 “Super Eagles coach, Gernot Rohr drops Kelechi Iheanacho and Semi Ajayi from the 2019 AFCON squad” (935 views)
- Unizik sacks senior lecturer, Peter Ekemezie over alleged certificate forgery”photo (795 views)
- Video “Drama As Groom Drags Best Man Away From His Wife, Hits Him For Hugging Her Tightly “ (738 views)
- Fresh Vacancies at Mondelez International LLC (733 views)
- Suspected serial bank accounts hacker arrested in Lagos”photo (704 views)