EFCC on Thursday re-arraigned an American, Marco Ramirez, for allegedly defrauding three Nigerians of $565,000.
The anti graft agency said it charged Ramirez before a judge, Mojisola Dada, on an amended 12-count charge of conspiracy and obtaining under false pretence. Ramirez was arraigned alongside his companies – USA Now LLC; Eagle Ford Instalodge Group LP and USA Now Capital Group.
The American and his companies were previously arraigned on June 22, 2017, before another judge, Josephine Oyefeso, on a 16-count charge but was granted bail in the sum of $25,000. His case file was later transferred while he was subsequently re-arraigned before Judge Dada.
The EFCC said that the accused committed the offences between February 2013 and August 2013 in Lagos Ramirez is alleged to have defrauded Godson Echejue, Abubakar Umar and Olukayode Sodimu of their money promising them that he would invest this under the Citizenship and Immigration Services Employment-Based Fifth Preference (EB-5). He was also arraigned in a separate court before Peter Affen of the Federal Capital Territory High Court, sitting in Maitama on April 18, 2016, for defrauding two Nigerians Ejikeme Mgbemena and Frank Egbon of $2.3m after he promised to provide American Green Card for members of their families below 18 years.
According to the agency, his offences contravene Section 1 (3) of the Advance Fee Fraud and Other Fraud Related Offences Act, No. 14 of 2006. Court Session Mr Ramirez’s counsel, Ademola Adefolaju, urged the court to allow his client continue with the bail terms earlier granted to him by Judge Oyefeso.
Dada asked the defendant if he had complied with the bail terms. Mr Adefolaju confirmed that his client had fully complied and had been going to the EFCC’s office as directed by the court. “Having not breached the bail terms granted by my brother judge, the defendant is hereby allowed to continue with the terms,” the judge ruled. The matter was adjourned till October 7, 8, 9 and 10 for trial.
- June 16th”Nigerians arrested in Malaysia for Fraud,…
- Friday “Nigerian father of two allegedly tortured to…
- Lagos”EFCC Arraigns Two Lawyers In Court For…
- Unbelievable “Medical student allegedly dive…
- Job Vacancies at God Is Good Motors – GIGM
- Good News”Zlatan And Rahman Jago Are Finally…
- Buhari’s Minister Tells Nigerians”Killings:…
- Crime As EFCC docks man for N3.2m Facebook scam”photos
- Terminal Operations Manager at God Is Good Motors…
- Get 2k weekly,10k monthly when you support us .No…
- Tuesday “21yrs 300-level Uniben student allegedly…
- IBB Hints Nigerians”This Is What You Should Be…
Only Jesus Can Save !
- Lagos Lagos Nigeria 234
Popular Ads Today
- South Africa 🇿🇦 “Alleged child rapist dies after his testicles were chopped off by vigilantes” (40 views)
- This guy for real 😳?”Man accused of killing 51 worshipers at two New Zealand mosques in March pleads ‘not guilty’ to 92 charges”photo (33 views)
- Job Vacancies at God Is Good Motors – GIGM (29 views)
- Radio Frequency Engineer at Huawei Technologies Company Nigeria Limited (18 views)
- Suspected serial bank accounts hacker arrested in Lagos”photo (16 views)
- Uk 🇬🇧 “Boy, 17, raped in church graveyard” (16 views)
- Punch Newspaper sacks longest-serving editor, Martin Ayankola over offensive cartoon on Pastor Fatoyinbo”photo (15 views)
- Seriously 😳 “Alabama governor signs new bill requiring child sex offenders to undergo chemical castration” (11 views)
- Data Entry Officer at Knowledgeware Technologies Limited (7 views)
- Because of June 12”It is not enough to declare June 12 a work-free day when Nigerians still suffer from the suffocating grip of poverty – Atiku tells Buhari (5 views)
- Crime As EFCC docks man for N3.2m Facebook scam”photos (5 views)
- Police brutality “BB Naija’s Bam Bam accuses Nigerian police of harrassing her brother after accusing him of being an armed robber”photo (5 views)
- Advise Please “comment (4 views)
- Kenya police busted man with 17years school girl in Nairobi guesthouse (4 views)
- Video “Drama As Groom Drags Best Man Away From His Wife, Hits Him For Hugging Her Tightly “ (4 views)
Popular Ads Overall
- 23yrs Model Say”He rubbed his genitals in my face and sodomised me” – Ex- beauty queen narrates how she was allegedly raped by Gambia’s former President Jammeh”photos (1374 views)
- Funny”See what a lady got after she asked a tailor to recreate Mercy Aigbe’s iconic dress”photos (1033 views)
- This guy for real 😳?”Man accused of killing 51 worshipers at two New Zealand mosques in March pleads ‘not guilty’ to 92 charges”photo (647 views)
- In tears 😭 “Bella Thorne breaks down in tears on Instagram over Whoopi Goldberg’s remarks to her ‘leaked’ nude ”photos (614 views)
- Video “Drama As Groom Drags Best Man Away From His Wife, Hits Him For Hugging Her Tightly “ (586 views)
- South Africa 🇿🇦 “Alleged child rapist dies after his testicles were chopped off by vigilantes” (584 views)
- Good job 👏 “EFCC re-arraigns American for allegedly defrauding three Nigerians of $565,000 in epic visa scam” (564 views)
- Today in South Africa 🇿🇦 “Passenger jet is grounded after foetus is found blocking the toilet ahead of take-off” (562 views)
- Seriously 😳 “Alabama governor signs new bill requiring child sex offenders to undergo chemical castration” (508 views)
- Video I’m Happy Naira Marley Was Arrested “Ruggedman Mocks Him, Says He Played Himself “ (494 views)
- Congratulations 🍾 “Dbanj receives Silver plaque from YouTube after hitting 100,000 subscribers ”photos (466 views)
- Because of June 12”It is not enough to declare June 12 a work-free day when Nigerians still suffer from the suffocating grip of poverty – Atiku tells Buhari (455 views)
- Aren’t you surprised 😮 “Super Eagles coach, Gernot Rohr drops Kelechi Iheanacho and Semi Ajayi from the 2019 AFCON squad” (434 views)
- EFA Egyptian footballer Amr Warda is kicked out of Africa Cup of Nations for ‘sending aggressive and inappropriate sexual messages’ to several women“photos (432 views)
- Suspected serial bank accounts hacker arrested in Lagos”photo (408 views)