ACE HUMAN RESOURCES CONSULTING is a company of professionals who previously worked in regular HR Management roles and came together to form ACE HUMAN RESOURCES CONSULTING. We support businesses to Recruit and Manage their human capital profitably and sustainably in these rapidly changing economic times. Our previous and current experience in various HR roles in local and international best practice employments places us competitively and enables us to connect easily to our Clients’ needs and to offer support as needed. From recruitment, change management, business intelligence to risk advisory; we help you get it right from day one. We bring your needed people-management solutions. We are registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria and are recognized as one of Nigeria’s top HR Management firm by informed industry watchers
Head Human Resources
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience 10 years
- Location Delta, Rivers
- Job Field Human Resources / HR
We urgently require a Head, Human Resources for our Client in Port Harcourt, Sapele & Warri. Our Client is a Gas servicing and Bitumen Company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for organizing, directing and controlling the workers in all departments to ensure that work is been carried out effectively and efficiently and achieve a high level of integrity of character such as good team work, cooperation, coordination, honesty and dedication to duty.
- Ensure that the workers do their jobs as instructed and are in compliance to the policies of the company.
- Provide daily advice to line managers on all human resource issues: management of staff, etc.
- Prepares, provides and reports information on data such as staff turnover, cost per hire, references, training hours per person, performance appraisal metrics etc.
- Develop, implement and review HR strategies to ensure that it is in line with the business of the company and also to ensure it gives support to the strategic business unit of the company. The strategies must be flexible so as to cope with change when it occurs.
- Responsible for the planning of leave for employees as at when due, the replacement of employees on leave and resource planning of employees re-joining from leave of any form either maternity, paternity ,sick leave etc.
1. Recruitment Selection and Induction
- Lead on the recruitment requisitions, ensuring that recruitment and selection is carried out in accordance to corporate and equal opportunity standards ensuring adherence to local employment laws.
- Oversee the induction for all new staff and actively quality checking elements of the induction program to ensure consistency in the process across all offices. Collecting feedback on induction program and acting on feedback provided to improve the process.
- Provide technical support for interview scheduling.
- Develop and review job descriptions and create standardized interview questions
- Assist management and interview panels with interviewing as requested and ensure that interview panels are fully prepared.
- Draft job announcements and coordinate applicant screenings Draft Recruitment job announcements and execute all job advertisements. Liaise with employment agencies
- Carry out recruitment activities including salary negotiations, issuing offer letters and carrying out new hire orientations.
- Develop, implement and organize appropriate HR record keeping system, internal and external communications, and team administration. Track recruitment costs, demographics for hires and staff reimbursement issues.
2. Learning/Organizational Development (OD)
- Promote a culture of learning, knowledge sharing and teamwork by aiding collaboration and creating models for change management.
- Responsible for conducting training needs analysis and designs. Implement these designs with input from other department heads and control budget allocated.
- Assist in coordinating and/or conducting training workshops to support Office Managers on such topics as supervisory skills, performance assessments, effective interviewing, etc.
- Support Office Managers and Talent Management and Quality Assurance Supervisor in conducting learning needs analysis, understanding changing business needs and defining how learning and development initiatives can support those needs.
- Ensure all learning and development activities are underpinned by the policies and procedures of the company
- Support the design and delivery of OD and change management strategies, processes and interventions. This should include initiatives which foster a high performance culture where valuing learning, continuous improvement and diversity are the norm.
- Providing coaching and guidance where necessary.
- Promoting continuous personal development activities such as self-learning, job shadow, on the job training etc
- Support other departments and maintain succession plan for the respective departments.
3. Performance Management
- To assist Office Managers in ensuring that their team performance management system operates to corporate standards and guidelines.
- Lead the annual moderations and performance review process
- Track probation and other assessment schedules and follow up on outstanding appraisals.
- Deal with performance or grievance issue in a legally complaint or professional way
- Ensure all employees receive appraisal in accordance with company policy and probationary periods.
4. Compensation & Benefits Management
- Responsible for payroll management and ensure it is accurate and done on time.
- To support staff with pay policy interpretations and responding to queries on pay and benefits
- Ensure effective implementation of all employee welfare schemes including the Staff Group Life Assurance Scheme, the Health Insurance scheme and the Pension scheme. Liaise closely with benefits and pension administrators on behalf of management.
- Responsible for reviewing staff salaries and consulting with other department heads for pay increase where necessary. Implementing these reviews and promotions where necessary.
5. Company Policies and Procedures
- Consult with management and employees to ensure HR policies and procedures are implemented in all offices properly and consistently, assisting in implementation when needed.
- Periodically review the HR manual and other relevant documents and recommend revisions. Support management in the interpretation of policies and of the Nigeria Local Policy Manual. Annually review policies, procedures and the manual to ensure compliance.
- Liaise with management on interpretation of policies, manuals and the laws of Nigeria and support management in response to employee issues.
6. Financial Management
- Prepare operational budgets. Ensuring value for money in the procurement of services on behalf of the team.
- In liaison with the Finance team, develop effective strategies for financial wellbeing of the team.
7. Employee Relations & Engagement
- Represent the company in management-employee relations.
- Enquiry Management for internal and external stakeholders.
- Record management of employee relations issues
- Provide guidance and assistance to Office Managers and employees on matters relating to employee relations activities.
- To build relationships and collaborate with leads across the business to identify specific employee engagement requirements of differing business areas.
- Ensure that workers who fail to do their job or are not in compliance to the company policies are disciplined as stipulated in the company’s HR Manual or as generally accepted in cases that are not covered by the manual.
- Deal with all termination and severance issues.
Qualification and Experience Requirement
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources Management, Social Sciences, Business or other relevant fields.
- At least 10years experience at senior management level as a manger of HR team
- At least 7years corporate experience in the human resource department.
- Must have an MBA or MSc in Management
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and respect and build strong working relationships with department managers. Demonstrable maturity, professionalism and gravitas.
- Ability to recognize the value and responsibility of working in a team actively supports and develops team members, quick to identify and solve any issues.
- Able to work to deadlines and adapt to changing conditions .Ability to generate effective and pragmatic solutions to new situations and problems as they are presented.
- Demonstrate an understanding of personalities and behavioral styles in order to work collaboratively with a variety of people and to make informed decision around resource planning, reporting structures and relationships.
- The ability to inspire confidence of top executives through timely delivery of information and plans.
- Understanding of all legal implications, ability to plan resources accordingly and comply with legal obligations and all labor laws in Nigeria.
- Strong working knowledge of employment law issues and the ability to apply these to a variety of situations.
- Familiar with best practice redundancy processes and experienced in coaching managers through this and leading where necessary.
- Possess good overall understanding of company finances and use this information to push back and support managers in resource and succession planning.
HR Manager may also have to/be able to:
- Risk management conscious.
- Makes sensible, intelligent decisions in difficult and deadline driven situations.
- Excellent attention to detail. Results-focused – understands what is important to staff, clients and management – is committed to achieving goals. Tenacious approach to delivery, quality of output and organization.
- Demonstrates passion – approaches all tasks in an enthusiastic way. Committed to upholding professional standards.
- Takes responsibility for own actions and visibly supports the senior leadership team and their agenda
- Excellent communication skills – handles complex and difficult situations with thought and confidence.
- Ability to deliver appropriate information to the right people.
- Displays integrity – transparent in dealings with management, staff and other individuals that you may come in contact with.
- Self-motivated and self-aware – recognizes own strengths and weaknesses and is committed to personal development.
- Takes a broad interest in the success and development of the company and the human resource function as a whole.
- Good communicator, able to read, write, speak English.
- Proven leadership, motivational and mentoring skills.
- Able to negotiate and think laterally.
- Knows and applies solid evidence based approaches to staff recruitment and retention in a way that is flexible and appropriate to the level of the job.
- Ability to coordinate and network effectively
- Knowledge to Nigeria labor law, tax law and other regulations.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Strong time management skills, ability to work under pressure to deadlines and ability to priorities tasks.
- Makes sound decisions and judgments.
- Patient ,sensitive, resilient, flexible and demonstrates humility
- Shows initiative and is innovative
- Role-models integrity, transparency and honesty and must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to be flexible to changing deadlines and work priorities
- Deep commitment to organizational mission and its core values.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience 2 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Engineering / Technical
Background: Our client is a leading investment holding company based in Abuja, Nigeria. With over 30 years high-level experience and investment success in several companies. Our Client utilizes the experience and expertise of a dynamic team of multi- disciplined professionals- all experts to provide pioneering business solutions for our clients. Our Client’s focus is on sustainable solutions ensuring that our company is relevant in tomorrow’s African Markets.
Our Client is an equal opportunity employer and a foremost conglomerate group of Company with interest in utilities, oil & gas, Real Estate development, telecommunication, ICT, agriculture and mining, with a plan of also diversifying into the renewable energy generation nation-wide. As a result, Our Client is currently undergoing transformation and transitional period, positioning the company to deliver exemplary service to customers and thus the urgent need to recruit extra-ordinary individuals for the position advertised.
Duties and responsibilities
- Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met.
- Determine project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements; assigning personnel to phases and elements; reviewing bids from contractors.
- Determine project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
- Determine project schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements.
- Maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
- Collaborate with engineers, architects etc. to determine the specifications of the project.
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities.
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors to reach profitable agreements.
- Hire contractors and other staff and allocate responsibilities.
- Supervise the work of laborers, mechanics etc. and give them guidance when needed.
- Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommending actions.
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations.
- Control project costs by approving expenditures; administering contractor contracts.
- Acquire equipment and material and monitor stocks to timely handle inadequacies.
- Prepare project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintain project data base by writing computer programs; entering and backing up data.
- Maintain product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Minimum Qualification: Abilities, Knowledge and Skills
- The candidate must have an engineering and administration related experience.
- He/She must have a high drive in restructuring and transformation and also result orientated in businesses that are
- used to assessing manager’s based on KPI and results.
- He or She must also have the ambition and energy to deliver on projects transcending what the group is doing.
- Excellent Leadership skills with the ability to work as a team leader, supervisor and manager and also special skills in
- detecting rare talent and nurturing such talent is also essential.
- The right Candidate must be methodical in his or her approach with a multi-talented back-ground, with a “willing and ready to learn” approach. He or She must also be able to demonstrate a progressive track record of success within their career and also a sound commercial business understanding.
- Other useful experience in IT, Legal and Accounting are also an added advantage.
- He must have Proficiency Certifications in Computer Packages in relation to the Job, Working Knowledge of any or 2 of the following Autocad, Archicad, Civilcad, Orion.
- Must be able to work in a group and independently
- Detail-oriented, able to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written) skills.
- Team player, self-starter, results-oriented
- 2 or more years of verifiable work experience in Commercial Architecture.
Salary, Benefit and Conditions:
Salary is competitive depending on qualification and experience.
Method of Application
Please forward Cover letter & CVs only to [email protected] using the Head Human Resources as the subject of the mail.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Tips To Consider Before Buying Properties Online .
- Do not pay in advance even for the delivery Or 50% Down Payment.
- Try to meet at a safe, public location
- Check the item BEFORE you buy it
- Pay only after collecting the item
Visitors online – 115:
users – 1
guests – 103
bots – 11
The maximum number of visits was – 2018-09-26:
all visitors – 23381:
users – 50
guests – 22239
bots – 1092
Popular Ads Today
- Twitter User Posted His New Shoe From His Aunt who Arrived UK And It Trending Because Of The Comments (379 views)
- Adahor “what trending on Twitter : Hey guys there is a certain guy on Twitter who sometime create a post for other Twitters to post their bank account and it seen to be working. (60 views)
- Suicide”9-year-old black girl kills herself after classmates bullied her for being friends with a white boy (47 views)
- Nigeria Super Star Davido wanted in Gambia for allegedly breaking photographer’s head (23 views)
- Ongoing Recruitment at Delta State Hospitals Management Board (19 views)
- Unbelieveable : Edo State “Stepmom flees after inflicting horrific injuries on stepson in Edo (17 views)
- Job Alert For Lagosians (17 views)
- Football club Olympiacos terminates Yaya Toure’s contract after just three months (17 views)
- Job Vacancies at Kampala International University (KIU) (16 views)
- Watch trending video of an Uber driver tackling his female passenger because she did not ‘greet’ him when she entered his car (15 views)
- Job Vacancies at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International (13 views)
- Hey guys Check Out This New Guy Hit “Rubber Bag” By Name Bliving_2 , It A Wow! (10 views)
- Nigerian Girl Got Slammed By Chioma After For Calling Her Ugly (10 views)
- Personal Assistant at Co-Creation Hub (CcHUB) (8 views)
- Viral Picture Of A Nigerian Man Before pleading guilty to sexual assault- Adahor Crime News (8 views)
- Gbenro Ajibade finally addresses claims that he’s gay (8 views)
- Tonto Dikeh celebrates her former boo ‘Happy birthday to the best EX any girl can have’ (8 views)
- Job Openings at HealthPlus Limited (8 views)
- Unfortunate Lady who got robbed in Port Harcourt shares graphic photos from the attack (8 views)
- What Men do to survive – I had sex with my aunt, sister, men and sacrificed my mom – Footballer Shiva N’Zigou- See photos (7 views)
- Internet Fraud “Police bust Nigerian-led gang that cheated 21 people in India (7 views)
- WordPress Developer at Lixy Technologies (6 views)
- TBoss’ sister, Wendy, hints at breaking up with her baby daddy after he did “the one thing she can’t forgive (6 views)
- Tboss’ sister, Wendy, dumps her baby daddy, Dameon/Photos (6 views)
- One killed, seven injured as truck crashes in Cross River State (5 views)
Popular Ads Overall
- Ongoing Recruitment at Delta State Hospitals Management Board (73540 views)
- Mel B reveals she is going to rehab for sex addiction – Photo (4379 views)
- Tboss’ sister, Wendy, dumps her baby daddy, Dameon/Photos (3665 views)
- TBoss’ sister, Wendy, hints at breaking up with her baby daddy after he did “the one thing she can’t forgive (3382 views)
- Gbenro Ajibade finally addresses claims that he’s gay (2188 views)
- Viral Picture Of A Nigerian Man Before pleading guilty to sexual assault- Adahor Crime News (2150 views)
- Why I Want To Be A Stripper ” 19-year-old lady reveals ” Adahor News (1673 views)
- Woman Of The Year : Ariana Grande is Billboard’s 2018 (1582 views)
- The Super Eagles jersey worn by Mikel Obi during 2018 World Cup has been added to the FIFA museum collection (1535 views)
- Photo/Notorious criminal nabbed in Bayelsa — Crime News (1499 views)
- Popular artist “Blac Chyna says she’s sick of men amid reports her baby daddy Rob Kardashian has filed to lower her child support (1489 views)
- Man climbs billboard hanger in Adamawa, vows to commit suicide if President Buhari fails to resign within 12 hours/Photo (1053 views)
- WordPress Developer at Lixy Technologies (906 views)
- Viral video of lady pooing directly into Yahoo boy’s mouth for alleged money ritual (825 views)
- Video about Runs Girls /prostitutes – Enjoy (745 views)