Jobs at Médecins Sans Frontières
Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
Field Communication Officer
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience2 years
- Location Borno
- Job Field Media / Advertising / Branding
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Scope of Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Contributing to the implementation of operational communication strategy in the mission according to MSF standards. Aiming at building MSF visibility, acceptance and leverage inside the country. Focusing on media alert, local media management and content diffusion.
- Under the supervision of the Field Communications Manager, the FCO establishes and maintains regular relations with key local media contacts (journalists, bloggers, photographers, and cameramen).
- He/ she will handle local media requests and contact local media proactively to pitch MSF.
- He/she organizes events for local media (Press conference, Press briefing…). The FCO may act as a spokesperson for local media, particularly in local languages not spoken by members of the field coordination team. b) Media Alert
- The FCO monitors local media and flags significant articles, trends, news or reports of importance for MSF or on the context to Head(s) of Mission and Field Communications Manager (FCM).
- He/she produces strategic reports on the local media landscape (key media, audience numbers, political affiliation, ownership, freedom of speech, use of social media) and regularly reports on new developments.
- He/she provides guidance on how to deal with local media at time of crisis. c) Content Diffusion
- The FC actively diffuses MSF content in the country in local languages and among local media. If judged applicable, he/ she uses social media (twitter, blogs, Facebook….) to promote this content. d) Content Production
- The FCO supervises the production of local communication tools and products (leaflets, brochures, posters, radio spots, articles, photos, videos) according to local strategy and budget.
- In particular, he/she will help identify the right communications tools and will adapt/translate communications materials to targeted local audiences. e) Internal Communication
- He/ she will sensitize national staff about potential external communications risks.
- If need be he/ she can edit the production of internal communication tools (newsletter, etc.) under the supervision of the FCO.
- When applicable the FCO will provide communication training for other staff. f) Reporting
- The FCO will participate in communication data-collection and reporting as required
- Essential degree in Journalism, Communication or related University degree.
- Essential: previous working experience of at least two years in communications, journalism or public relations in the country.
- Essential: previous working experience in dealing with media in the country.
- Proficiency in mission language essential (mostly English). Excellent command of local languages in the mission country.
- Excellent writing skills Thorough knowledge of traditional media and good understanding of social media Good networking and media relations skills Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet) Outgoing personality, good balance between initiative and working in a team.
Medical Coordinator – Support
- Job TypeFull Time
- Location Borno
- Job Field Medical / Healthcare
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Scope of Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Supporting the Medical Coordinator through delegated tasks and responsibilities including administrative tasks related to the coordination of work, ensuring good relationships with local and national authorities and ensuring adequate program management in the projects, according to MSF protocols, (para) medical standards, rules of hygiene and the standard precautions in order to ensure the delivery of quality medical care for patients and their communities as well as to improve the health conditions of the targeted population
- Monitoring, supervising and evaluating the implementation of medical activities in the project, visiting projects according to preset schedule and participating in defining the human resources needs, materials and techniques. Assisting in the implementation of MSF protocols, (para) medical standards, the rules of hygiene and universal precautions in service.
- Assisting in the collection of information on national health policy (meetings, reports, articles, etc.), collecting and participating in the analysis of epidemiological data (meetings, reports, articles, etc.) from the projects
- Ensuring medical follow up of patients (treatment, improvement) in collaboration with the medical referent of the health structure and overseeing all medical expenses associated with the patient, in collaboration with the supervisors. Organize the administrative and medical information (reports, ongoing treatments), the discharge of patients and return to their homes
- Supporting and supervising the project teams and participating in the management of the medical team in the capital (recruitment, training, monitoring their work, vacation planning, assessments, etc.). Participating in briefings and debriefings of the (para) medical team members and promoting communication and active participation in the development of the project
- Applying the employee health policy and participating in the evaluation of hospital structures that can serve as reference structures for national and international staff. Participating in the medical monitoring of MSF personnel and overseeing all medical expenses associated with various consultations and hospitalizations in collaboration with the line manager
- Participating in the management of the central pharmacy, advising and guiding the logistics team in the mission of drug stock management. Organizing the start-up, inventory and management of operational medical library according to the classification plan
- Participating in the data collection and management from the projects as well as preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports and organizing · data archiving and medical reports in the project
- Performing other duties at the request of Medco (exceptional strengthening of a field team, involvement in evaluations, etc.)
- Essential Medical Doctor Diploma; registration with the relevant Medical Council
- Essential: English, desired: Hausa, Kanuri
- Demonstrable experience in supervising and training others in a team setting
- Commitment, Flexibility, Stress Management, Results, Teamwork, Service.
Applicant should send their Applications (including the below documents) to: [email protected] with “Field Communication Officer” OR Medical Coordinator Support as subject of the mail.
Applications must be in English and include:
- Complete CV and Copies of all certificates and diplomas mentioned in the CV.
- Updated contact details and ID
- Contact information of the previous employer/s for reference.
Tips To Consider Before Buying Properties Online .
- Do not pay in advance even for the delivery Or 50% Down Payment.
- Try to meet at a safe, public location
- Check the item BEFORE you buy it
- Pay only after collecting the item
Visitors online – 132:
users – 0
guests – 123
bots – 9
The maximum number of visits was – 2018-09-26:
all visitors – 23381:
users – 50
guests – 22239
bots – 1092
Popular Ads Today
- Twitter User Posted His New Shoe From His Aunt who Arrived UK And It Trending Because Of The Comments (382 views)
- Adahor “what trending on Twitter : Hey guys there is a certain guy on Twitter who sometime create a post for other Twitters to post their bank account and it seen to be working. (60 views)
- Suicide”9-year-old black girl kills herself after classmates bullied her for being friends with a white boy (47 views)
- Nigeria Super Star Davido wanted in Gambia for allegedly breaking photographer’s head (23 views)
- Ongoing Recruitment at Delta State Hospitals Management Board (19 views)
- Unbelieveable : Edo State “Stepmom flees after inflicting horrific injuries on stepson in Edo (17 views)
- Job Alert For Lagosians (17 views)
- Football club Olympiacos terminates Yaya Toure’s contract after just three months (17 views)
- Job Vacancies at Kampala International University (KIU) (16 views)
- Watch trending video of an Uber driver tackling his female passenger because she did not ‘greet’ him when she entered his car (15 views)
- Job Vacancies at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International (13 views)
- Hey guys Check Out This New Guy Hit “Rubber Bag” By Name Bliving_2 , It A Wow! (10 views)
- Nigerian Girl Got Slammed By Chioma After For Calling Her Ugly (10 views)
- Personal Assistant at Co-Creation Hub (CcHUB) (8 views)
- Viral Picture Of A Nigerian Man Before pleading guilty to sexual assault- Adahor Crime News (8 views)
- Gbenro Ajibade finally addresses claims that he’s gay (8 views)
- Tonto Dikeh celebrates her former boo ‘Happy birthday to the best EX any girl can have’ (8 views)
- Job Openings at HealthPlus Limited (8 views)
- Unfortunate Lady who got robbed in Port Harcourt shares graphic photos from the attack (8 views)
- What Men do to survive – I had sex with my aunt, sister, men and sacrificed my mom – Footballer Shiva N’Zigou- See photos (7 views)
- WordPress Developer at Lixy Technologies (7 views)
- Internet Fraud “Police bust Nigerian-led gang that cheated 21 people in India (7 views)
- TBoss’ sister, Wendy, hints at breaking up with her baby daddy after he did “the one thing she can’t forgive (6 views)
- Tboss’ sister, Wendy, dumps her baby daddy, Dameon/Photos (6 views)
- One killed, seven injured as truck crashes in Cross River State (5 views)
Popular Ads Overall
- Ongoing Recruitment at Delta State Hospitals Management Board (73540 views)
- Mel B reveals she is going to rehab for sex addiction – Photo (4379 views)
- Tboss’ sister, Wendy, dumps her baby daddy, Dameon/Photos (3665 views)
- TBoss’ sister, Wendy, hints at breaking up with her baby daddy after he did “the one thing she can’t forgive (3382 views)
- Gbenro Ajibade finally addresses claims that he’s gay (2188 views)
- Viral Picture Of A Nigerian Man Before pleading guilty to sexual assault- Adahor Crime News (2150 views)
- Why I Want To Be A Stripper ” 19-year-old lady reveals ” Adahor News (1673 views)
- Woman Of The Year : Ariana Grande is Billboard’s 2018 (1582 views)
- The Super Eagles jersey worn by Mikel Obi during 2018 World Cup has been added to the FIFA museum collection (1535 views)
- Photo/Notorious criminal nabbed in Bayelsa — Crime News (1499 views)
- Popular artist “Blac Chyna says she’s sick of men amid reports her baby daddy Rob Kardashian has filed to lower her child support (1489 views)
- Man climbs billboard hanger in Adamawa, vows to commit suicide if President Buhari fails to resign within 12 hours/Photo (1053 views)
- WordPress Developer at Lixy Technologies (907 views)
- Viral video of lady pooing directly into Yahoo boy’s mouth for alleged money ritual (825 views)
- Video about Runs Girls /prostitutes – Enjoy (745 views)