The Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS) is an international Catholic organisation with a mission to accompany, serve and advocate on behalf of refugees and other forcibly displaced persons. JRS undertakes services at national and regional levels with the support of an international office in Rome. Founded in November 1980 as a work of the Society of Jesus, JRS was officially registered on 19 March 2000 at the Vatican State as a foundation.
JRS programmes are found in 51 countries, providing assistance to: refugees in camps and cities, individuals displaced within their own countries, asylum seekers in cities, and to those held in detention centres. The main areas of work are in the field of education, emergency assistance, healthcare, livelihood activities and social services. At the end of 2016, more than 733,400 individuals were direct beneficiaries of JRS projects.
Livelihood Project Manager
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience3 years
- LocationAdamawa, Borno, Cross River
- Job FieldAgriculture / Agro-Allied Project Management
Summary of the Post
· Under the supervision of the Country Director and the Head of Programme, the Livelihood Specialist will perform all support and implementation tasks on IGAs, as well as the follow-up, evaluation and training required by these activities. The Livelihood Specialist will be based the field office but with frequent travels to the area covered by JRS and to the Country office for meetings. He / she will work together with the Project Director in the field, in close collaboration with other JRS Specialists and Livelihood Coordinator.
- Coordinating needs analysis, baseline, market research, marketing mix strategy, financial management training, evaluation and follow-up;
- Support the tendering process for the purchase of IGA equipment.
- Provide direction and oversight to JRS Nigeria’s programming. Coordination with members of the national office, regional office and field teams for effective support in the implementation of quality education.
- Strengthening the quality of JRS-Nigeria IGA programs, through continuous investigation.
- Identifying gaps in IGA management and address them;
- Put in place an effective IGA management procedure;
- Train internally displaced persons and communities on control and management tools and business plan development;
- Participate in the management of IGA-related human, material and financial resources;
- To guide internally displaced persons and communities to achieve the expected results of IGA against the targets set,
- To be a liaison between JRS, internally displaced persons and communities in their income generating activities;
- Ensure regular monitoring of income-generating activities;
- Report your activities to your supervisor;
- Perform all other tasks required and in accordance with his skills;
- Get involved in the development of the organization’s programs, its mission and its employees, through the sharing of experiences and skills;
- Train internally displaced persons and communities on agriculture, farm management and profit maximization in farming and cost minimization
- Train communities of group farming;
- Because job descriptions are not exhaustive, the employee may be required to perform other tasks related to the overall responsibilities described above.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly project activities/achievement reports;
- Write and submit weekly, monthly and quarterly contributions of activities to the Country Director and Head of Program;
- Help identify problems that may hinder the smooth running of activities and new opportunities;
- Propose actions that are useful to improve the quality of activities;
- Participate in the evaluation of expected results.
Skills and qualifications
- At least Bsc. in the field of business studies, economics, management studies, or any other related study; etc.
- Knowledge of approaches to developing business models and financial management systems, as well as methodologies applied to vulnerable people and communities
- Additional knowledge certified in follow-up and evaluation; community development, peace education or related topics are an advantage
- At least 3 years of experience in Business Development Programs
- Have the technical capacity to provide guidance and support to other project employees and organizations regarding small business development and income-generating activities;
- Experience in participatory approach to small business development and revenue-generating activities
- Experience in identifying the capacity development needs of organizations and individuals
- Being able to work independently and effectively in a multidisciplinary and multicultural team
- Apt in written and oral communication
- Good facilitation knowledge
- Good knowledge of English and other Nigerian languages
- Able to carry out several tasks at the same time and meet deadlines;
- Interpersonal and networking skills, being able to establish and maintain professional relationships;
- Care for details, organized and proactive;
- Aptitude to make movements in refugee camps and wherever needed
- Attitude and professional behaviour: ability to work as a team but also autonomy in the performance of his duties, dynamism, honesty, sense of organization, enterprising, having a good quality decision-making; honest, respectful, integrating, and impartial.
- Mastering the computer tool especially software: Excel, Word, PPT
- Adhere to JRS values and abide by the code of conduct
- Ability to take initiative and bring innovative ideas
- Sense of communication
- Sense of discretion and responsibility
- Ability to adapt to working conditions and tasks that can change with the reality of the field.
- Ability to work in a pressure environment
Due to the number of CV to be reviewed early birds have upper hand.
1. only qualified candidates would be contacted
2. In the Subject section of the email, state Job position applied for and location
3. Indicate expected Take home pay on CV
Applicants should send Cvs to [email protected]
- Customer Service Officer at Morison Industries Plc
- Operations Manager at BitPesa Nigeria
- Service Desk Support Analyst at PPC Limited
- Education Technical Assistants at The Norwegian…
- Ongoing Recruitment at The Federal Civil Service…
- Procurement Manager at Proten International
- Betrayer”NYSC Member Returns Home After…
- Sales Manager at Information Nigeria
- Account Manager at Lumos Nigeria
- Project Administrator at IL Bagno
- Project Manager Horticulture at SNV
- Graduate Trainee Service Engineer at BAUN Limited
Only Jesus Can Save !
Popular Ads Today
- 23yrs Model Say”He rubbed his genitals in my face and sodomised me” – Ex- beauty queen narrates how she was allegedly raped by Gambia’s former President Jammeh”photos (188 views)
- Good job 👏 “EFCC re-arraigns American for allegedly defrauding three Nigerians of $565,000 in epic visa scam” (46 views)
- Seriously 😳 “Alabama governor signs new bill requiring child sex offenders to undergo chemical castration” (37 views)
- In tears 😭 “Bella Thorne breaks down in tears on Instagram over Whoopi Goldberg’s remarks to her ‘leaked’ nude ”photos (27 views)
- Driver at Ventoven (26 views)
- Fresh Vacancies at Mondelez International LLC (18 views)
- Edo”Thugs beat up Oshiomhole, 14 others” (17 views)
- Business Development Manager at Maplesgate Nigeria Limited (16 views)
- This guy for real 😳?”Man accused of killing 51 worshipers at two New Zealand mosques in March pleads ‘not guilty’ to 92 charges”photo (12 views)
- South Africa 🇿🇦 “Alleged child rapist dies after his testicles were chopped off by vigilantes” (9 views)
- Relationship Officers at Crossover Microfinance Bank (6 views)
- Police brutality “BB Naija’s Bam Bam accuses Nigerian police of harrassing her brother after accusing him of being an armed robber”photo (5 views)
- Terrible Father Who Forced His Kids To Have S3x With Him, His Wife, Ex-wife And Dog Sentenced To Over 300 Years In Jail”photo (4 views)
- Congratulations 🍾 “Dbanj receives Silver plaque from YouTube after hitting 100,000 subscribers ”photos (4 views)
- Nursery Teacher at Chelis Education Consult Limited (3 views)
Popular Ads Overall
- 23yrs Model Say”He rubbed his genitals in my face and sodomised me” – Ex- beauty queen narrates how she was allegedly raped by Gambia’s former President Jammeh”photos (11336 views)
- Funny”See what a lady got after she asked a tailor to recreate Mercy Aigbe’s iconic dress”photos (1162 views)
- In tears 😭 “Bella Thorne breaks down in tears on Instagram over Whoopi Goldberg’s remarks to her ‘leaked’ nude ”photos (969 views)
- Good job 👏 “EFCC re-arraigns American for allegedly defrauding three Nigerians of $565,000 in epic visa scam” (944 views)
- This guy for real 😳?”Man accused of killing 51 worshipers at two New Zealand mosques in March pleads ‘not guilty’ to 92 charges”photo (908 views)
- Today in South Africa 🇿🇦 “Passenger jet is grounded after foetus is found blocking the toilet ahead of take-off” (896 views)
- South Africa 🇿🇦 “Alleged child rapist dies after his testicles were chopped off by vigilantes” (853 views)
- Seriously 😳 “Alabama governor signs new bill requiring child sex offenders to undergo chemical castration” (778 views)
- Congratulations 🍾 “Dbanj receives Silver plaque from YouTube after hitting 100,000 subscribers ”photos (746 views)
- Driver at Ventoven (720 views)
- Video “Drama As Groom Drags Best Man Away From His Wife, Hits Him For Hugging Her Tightly “ (667 views)
- Aren’t you surprised 😮 “Super Eagles coach, Gernot Rohr drops Kelechi Iheanacho and Semi Ajayi from the 2019 AFCON squad” (642 views)
- Video I’m Happy Naira Marley Was Arrested “Ruggedman Mocks Him, Says He Played Himself “ (623 views)
- Unizik sacks senior lecturer, Peter Ekemezie over alleged certificate forgery”photo (595 views)
- Suspected serial bank accounts hacker arrested in Lagos”photo (543 views)