2019 Election, #NigeriaDecides 'We condemn the postponement of the elections, but urge our supporters to be patient and determined' - APC
Below is the full statement by the APC Presidential campaign council in reaction to the postponement of the general elections by INEC.
We have just received with great disappointment and disillusionment the announcement by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) of its decision to postpone the Presidential/National Assembly and Gubernatorial/House of Assembly Elections to Saturday, February 23, 2019 and Saturday, March 9, 2019, respectively.
We condemn and deprecate this tardiness of the electoral umpire in the strongest terms possible. President Muhammadu Buhari had since cooperated fully with INEC by ensuring EVERYTHING it demanded to conduct free and fair elections were promptly made available to it. This news is therefore a huge disappointment to us and to our teeming supporters nationwide and around the world, many of whom have come into the country to exercise their franchise.
We do hope that INEC will remain neutral and impartial in this process as the rumor mill is agog with the suggestion that this postponement has been orchestrated in collusion with the main opposition, the PDP, that was NEVER ready for this election. We note that all the major credible demographic projections have predicted a defeat of the PDP and it seriously needed this breather to orchestrate more devious strategies to try and halt President Buhari’s momentum. It did the same as the ruling Party in 2015, when it realized the game was up, by orchestrating the postponement of the 2015 elections by six weeks. Now, it may be up to its old trick again.
We have earlier raised the alarm that the PDP is bent on discrediting this process the moment it realized it cannot make up the numbers to win this election. We are only urging INEC not collude with the PDP on this. We are truly worried because as early as Friday morning, some known PDP Social Media influencers unwittingly announced this postponement, but quickly deleted the message and apologized to the public that it was fake news. We do not want to be forced to a situation of announcing our total loss of confidence in INEC, because we know where that would leave our democracy.
It is in the light of the above that we wish to appeal to Nigerians and our supporters to be patient, calm and resolute despite this temporary setback. Let us not give anyone, especially the PDP, the opportunity to plunge this nation into a crises, which is what they earnestly desire. Its imminent defeat is just a few days away.
Lastly, we wish to draw the attention of INEC and the world to observe that the PDP has clearly and openly said it plans to announce parallel results through some funny device it has procured or developed. We wish to re-iterate that it is ONLY INEC that is legally and constitutionally empowered to declare results and it constitutes an offence for anyone to do so. We urge INEC to SPEAK UP NOW and warn the PDP to desist from this ignoble act that is capable of plunging the nation into a crises of immeasurable proportions.
FESTUS KEYAMO, SAN, FCIARB(UK)
Director, Strategic Communications, APC Presidential Campaign Council
- becky: 9 comments
- Lizzy: 4 comments
- mary: 2 comments
- : 1 comment
- download: 1 comment
- Chester: 1 comment
- kaycam: 1 comment
- download: 1 comment
- Silicone bracelets: 1 comment
- エルメス 財布 レディース 二つ折り: 1 comment
Popular Ads Today
- Presidency re-affirms”Anyone who dares to put the lives of innocent citizens at risk to rig elections, must be prepared for the possibility of losing their own lives” (53 views)
- Singer Davido gives up on Atiku winning the presidential election’photos (4 views)
- Two children among the 6 people injured when car hit a group of pedestrians outside primary school in the UK (4 views)
- 8 people killed in terrible car accident on Lagos Abeokuta express (3 views)
- Ghanian actress “Moesha Boduong shares sultry photos, says that doesn’t define who she is”photo (3 views)
- Anambra state”Secondary school student Emmanuel Chukwuebuka Nnanna stoned to death by his classmate’photo (2 views)
- 2019 Elections: FG declares Friday Feb 22nd public holiday, excludes bankers (2 views)
- Career Opportunities at First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) (2 views)
- Inspector General of Police orders investigation into photo of police officers doing President Buhari’s 4+4 sign (2 views)
- Zidane to be given £200m to spend at Chelsea (2 views)
- Kano”Kwankwaso’s convoy attacked “photos (2 views)
- Kazeem Akinwale”43-year old Nigerian money launderer, convicted In UK”photo (2 views)
- Force Alarm “No bomb explosion in Enugu state “Police (2 views)
- Job Openings at Pfizer Nigeria (2 views)
- Alex Badeh Killers revealed” How they plotted his death “photo (2 views)
Popular Ads Overall
- Presidency re-affirms”Anyone who dares to put the lives of innocent citizens at risk to rig elections, must be prepared for the possibility of losing their own lives” (5905 views)
- 2019 Election, #NigeriaDecides ‘We condemn the postponement of the elections, but urge our supporters to be patient and determined’ – APC (805 views)
- Two children among the 6 people injured when car hit a group of pedestrians outside primary school in the UK (739 views)
- Anambra state”Secondary school student Emmanuel Chukwuebuka Nnanna stoned to death by his classmate’photo (286 views)
- Graduate Transaction Trainee at Whyte Cleon Limited (263 views)
- Cyril Ramaphosa South Africa President warns pastors against using religion to profit from vulnerable people/photo (257 views)
- in Dallas” Former Edo state governor, Lucky Igbinedion’s son dies in fatal car accident “photos (243 views)
- Woman who makes money seducing men online, explains how she does it (230 views)
- 2015 Prophesy of President Buhari coming to power in 2019 if the Election Canceled few hours to time. (227 views)
- Human Resource Intern at Maurice Xandra Solutions Limited (205 views)
- 2019 Election”How Nnamdi Kanu made INEC postpone presidential election – IPOB (203 views)
- Man of God Pastor Oyedepo rains curses ahead of the presidential election/Video (196 views)
- Michael Jackson wore condoms to prevent him from wetting the bed – Doctor (195 views)
- Angry wife shoots her husband after he refused to explain a mystery phone call during their romantic Valentine’s Day dinner/photos (187 views)
- Smart reply “Here is Atiku Abubakar’s response when asked if he will concede if he loses”photos (185 views)