Nigerian Military"We Are Not Planning To Overthrow Buhari"
The defense headquarters on Tuesday dissociated the armed forces of Nigeria from the circulation of document, calling for the overthrow of the democratically elected government led by President Muhammadu Buhari. In a statement issued by Muhammed Wabi, deputy director of defense information, the DHQ accused a group, “Nigerian Continuity and Progress’’ as being behind the document.
Wabi alleged that the document called for the setting up of an “interim government’’ in place of the elected government.“The Armed Forces of Nigeria wishes to dissociate itself from the rascality and intentions as espoused in a document being circulated by a faceless group named Nigerian Continuity and Progress calling for support of a revolution to oust the current democratically elected government and in its place establish an illegitimate interim government,” the statement read.
“The AFN outrightly condemns the undemocratic and demonic actions of the author of the document.“Accordingly, members of the public are enjoined to discountenance the content of the documents being circulated by NCP and equally condemned in totality, the call to derail our hard-earned democracy.”
The statement stressed that the armed forces of Nigeria is very mindful of its constitutional responsibilities and would not be misled into any act that would undermine democracy as enshrined in the 1999 Constitution as amended.
Read the full statement below:
PRESS RELEASE FROM THE DEFENCE HEADQUARTERS ON THE CIRCULATION OF SEDITIOUS PUBLICATIONSThe Armed Forces of Nigeria (AFN) wishes to dissociate itself from the rascality and intentions as espoused in a document being circulated by a faceless group named Nigerian Continuity and Progress (NCP) calling for support of a revolution to oust the current democratically elected government and in its place establish an illegitimate interim government.
The AFN outrightly condemns the undemocratic and demonic actions of the author of the document. Accordingly, members of the public are enjoined to discountenance the content of the documents being circulated by NCP and equally condemned in totality, the call to derail our hard earned democracy
.It should be noted that the AFN is very mindful of its constitutional responsibilities and will not be misled into any act that will undermine democracy as enshrined in the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria1999 as amended.
The AFN remains unflinchingly loyal to the Constitution, as well as to President Muhammadu Buhari, President, Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Meanwhile, all relevant Law Enforcement Agency have been advised to unravel those behind the seditious document for appropriate actions.
- Nigeria Artist “Duncan Mighty Shades Nigerian…
- Facebook Closes Pro-Buhari Accounts Used To Attack Atiku
- Photos -Nigerian lady who survived ghastly accident…
- Buhari’s Minister Tells Nigerians”Killings:…
- Nigeria President”What Buhari Told The…
- President Buhari Tells China “We Are Grateful…
- Nigeria President Buhari Congratulates Super Falcons…
Only Jesus Can Save !
Popular Ads Today
- FG announces plans to stop ownership of gas cylinders by consumers (67 views)
- Man Of Bishop Oyedepo Reveal “God swore to make me rich because I gave him a car many years ago” (53 views)
- Football”Solskjaer ‘offers Paul Pogba captaincy at Manchester United’ in bid to convince him to stay and shun Real Madrid move (40 views)
- Veteran Actor”Pa James’ son shares footage of the sad state of his father’s flooded house after a heavy rain “photos/videos (37 views)
- Nigeria President”What Buhari Told The Nigerian Community In Saudi Arabia” (33 views)
- Terrible”Driver crushes 4 schoolchildren to death allegedly while using his phone and driving”viewer discretion”graphic/photos (21 views)
- End time “Passenger told bus driver “God bless you” then slit his throat in Tampa “graphic photo” (20 views)
- Terrible As Transgender woman who was brutally assaulted last month has been found dead in Texas”photos (13 views)
- Update: Fake soldier who attacked Baba Fryo has been arrested”photo (11 views)
- Unbelievable “Medical student allegedly dive into river in Delta state because he failed his MBBS”photos (11 views)
- Abuja Men Confess”Why We Cannot Stop Patronizing Prostitutes” (9 views)
- President Buhari Tells China “We Are Grateful To You” (9 views)
- Facebook Closes Pro-Buhari Accounts Used To Attack Atiku (9 views)
- Yemi Alade Reveals Title Of 4th Album, Set To Drop In Week”Woman Of Steel”photo (8 views)
- Photos -Nigerian lady who survived ghastly accident that nearly left her paralyzed celebrates birthday with stunning photos as she’s back on her feet (8 views)
Popular Ads Overall
- Funny”See what a lady got after she asked a tailor to recreate Mercy Aigbe’s iconic dress”photos (695 views)
- Video “Drama As Groom Drags Best Man Away From His Wife, Hits Him For Hugging Her Tightly “ (391 views)
- Video I’m Happy Naira Marley Was Arrested “Ruggedman Mocks Him, Says He Played Himself “ (281 views)
- Lmao “See The Notice A Unilorin Lecturer Pasted On His Door” Photos (173 views)
- Ongoing Recruitment at The Federal Civil Service Commission (FCSC) (149 views)
- Advise Please “comment (145 views)
- Photo – Ex-Banker Exposed After Becoming A ‘Yahoo Boy’ In Enugu (124 views)
- Personal Assistant to the CEO at ENYO Retail & Supply Limited (122 views)
- BREAKING NEWS: EFCC Arrests Naira Marley (118 views)
- Abuja Men Confess”Why We Cannot Stop Patronizing Prostitutes” (118 views)
- Ruggedman Cries Out”My Life Is In Danger Over EFCC’s Arrest Of Naira Marley, Zlatan Ibile” (111 views)
- Automation Engineer at GZ Industries (110 views)
- Latest Jobs at The Institute of Counseling in Nigeria (106 views)
- Mercy Aigbe confessed” I’m Not Fully Divorced, I Might Go Back To My Husband “ (104 views)
- Painful”Naval Officer found dead in his apartment in Kaduna”photo (101 views)