Presidency re-affirms"Anyone who dares to put the lives of innocent citizens at risk to rig elections, must be prepared for the possibility of losing their own lives"
The Presidency has reiterated President Muhammadu Buhari’s comment that anyone who dares to snatch ballot boxes during next weekend’s elections will be doing this for the last time, saying it should be seen as a strong message against the long history of savagery associated with elections in the country.
Speaking to State House Correspondents on Monday, presidential spokesperson, Garba Shehu, recalled some past elections in parts of Nigeria, during which innocent voters lost their lives while ballot boxes were being snatched by armed thugs.
“Snatching ballot boxes often entails putting the lives of innocent Nigerians at risk. About 10 years ago, evidence was brought before an election tribunal from one of the states in North Central of the gruesome killing of 26 prospective voters by ballot box snatchers. Their modus operandi is well known. They storm election venues in commando style, overwhelm the law-enforcement agents and seize ballot boxes leaving a trail of death and injury,” Shehu said.
According to him, “Anyone who dares to put the lives of innocent citizens at risk in their desperation to rig elections, must be prepared for the possibility of losing their own lives because our security agents will certainly not stand by, clap for them and watch them kill and maim.”
He added that President Buhari had the safety and security of Nigerians uppermost in mind when he made the comment, and should be praised rather than criticised for issuing this stern warning to potential ballot box snatchers.
Shehu further expressed concern about those attacking the president’s comment, and their worry over the fate of anyone caught snatching ballot boxes.
“This sounds like members of the opposition, specifically the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP who have perfected plans to rig the elections and to snatch ballot boxes. They can tell that President Buhari is not prepared to tolerate their antics this time around, and they are afraid. They have shown their intent,” he said.
The presidential spokesperson noted that no one had anything to fear from the President’s comments if their conscience and intentions are clear. “Let’s just have free and fair elections and no one need worry about anything,” he said.
- becky: 9 comments
- Lizzy: 4 comments
- mary: 2 comments
- : 1 comment
- download: 1 comment
- Chester: 1 comment
- kaycam: 1 comment
- download: 1 comment
- Silicone bracelets: 1 comment
- エルメス 財布 レディース 二つ折り: 1 comment
Popular Ads Today
- Presidency re-affirms”Anyone who dares to put the lives of innocent citizens at risk to rig elections, must be prepared for the possibility of losing their own lives” (54 views)
- Singer Davido gives up on Atiku winning the presidential election’photos (4 views)
- Two children among the 6 people injured when car hit a group of pedestrians outside primary school in the UK (4 views)
- Inspector General of Police orders investigation into photo of police officers doing President Buhari’s 4+4 sign (3 views)
- Ghanian actress “Moesha Boduong shares sultry photos, says that doesn’t define who she is”photo (3 views)
- 8 people killed in terrible car accident on Lagos Abeokuta express (3 views)
- Zidane to be given £200m to spend at Chelsea (2 views)
- 2019 Meristem Analysts Trainee Programme (MATP) (2 views)
- Anambra state”Secondary school student Emmanuel Chukwuebuka Nnanna stoned to death by his classmate’photo (2 views)
- Career Opportunities at First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) (2 views)
- 2019 Elections: FG declares Friday Feb 22nd public holiday, excludes bankers (2 views)
- Alex Badeh Killers revealed” How they plotted his death “photo (2 views)
- Kano”Kwankwaso’s convoy attacked “photos (2 views)
- Job Openings at Pfizer Nigeria (2 views)
- Nigerian boy with 1 testicle horrified after finding out’photo (2 views)
Popular Ads Overall
- Presidency re-affirms”Anyone who dares to put the lives of innocent citizens at risk to rig elections, must be prepared for the possibility of losing their own lives” (5906 views)
- 2019 Election, #NigeriaDecides ‘We condemn the postponement of the elections, but urge our supporters to be patient and determined’ – APC (806 views)
- Two children among the 6 people injured when car hit a group of pedestrians outside primary school in the UK (739 views)
- Anambra state”Secondary school student Emmanuel Chukwuebuka Nnanna stoned to death by his classmate’photo (286 views)
- Graduate Transaction Trainee at Whyte Cleon Limited (264 views)
- Cyril Ramaphosa South Africa President warns pastors against using religion to profit from vulnerable people/photo (257 views)
- in Dallas” Former Edo state governor, Lucky Igbinedion’s son dies in fatal car accident “photos (243 views)
- Woman who makes money seducing men online, explains how she does it (230 views)
- 2015 Prophesy of President Buhari coming to power in 2019 if the Election Canceled few hours to time. (227 views)
- Human Resource Intern at Maurice Xandra Solutions Limited (205 views)
- 2019 Election”How Nnamdi Kanu made INEC postpone presidential election – IPOB (203 views)
- Man of God Pastor Oyedepo rains curses ahead of the presidential election/Video (196 views)
- Michael Jackson wore condoms to prevent him from wetting the bed – Doctor (195 views)
- Angry wife shoots her husband after he refused to explain a mystery phone call during their romantic Valentine’s Day dinner/photos (187 views)
- Smart reply “Here is Atiku Abubakar’s response when asked if he will concede if he loses”photos (185 views)