GFA Consulting Group, based in Hamburg, Germany, is one of the leading European consulting firms active in the development cooperation sector. GFA has a sound track record of providing effective solutions to the challenges in the global consulting market. Since 1982 we have implemented complex studies and projects worldwide.
Senior Expert On MRV And Greenhouse Gases (GHG) Inventory
- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationBA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience12 years
- Job FieldConsultancy
The overall objective of the project is to support the development and implementation of Nigerian Climate Change Response Program (NCCRP) to guarantee country’s economic growth and development strategies while meeting its conditional 45% NDC targets by 2030.
The specific objective is to contribute to the creation of Nigeria’s GHG emission profile with the aim of pinpointing mitigation actions reducing energy use and costs in favour of renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions. This will be mainly achieved through the creation of sectoral MRVs (e.g. for energy and waste sectors) and a waste baseline.
The project will focus on three result areas:
- The MRV framework is established.
- Climate change knowledge is disseminated and increased.
- Waste sectoral baseline and related sectoral emission profile are settled at Federal level and at State level. (e.g. Kano State and Ogun State). Waste management procedures as per international best practices are shared, known and used.
HEAT International, a daughter Company of GFA Consulting Group, as member of a consortium is now looking for the Key Expert 2 – a Senior expert on MRV and Greenhouse gases (GHG) inventory, one of the four Key Experts of the project:
The proposed Senior Expert on MRV and GHG inventory, with his/her profound expertise, will contribute essentially to the programme, notable on the establishment of the GHG inventory. S/he will ensure high quality of the GHG inventory and facilitate a smooth and timely implementation of the programme.
The Senior Expert will be a position of at least 800 working days over the 48 months contract duration. 100% of these working days should be spent in Nigeria.
Qualifications and skills:
- As a minimum, a relevant university degree, preferably with an MSc, or equivalent, in environmental sciences, engineering, or economics or other related fields.
- Excellent fluency in written and spoken English.
- As a minimum, relevant GHG inventory experience with a good overview of the UNFCCC reporting and review process and/or general IPCC inventory guidance and/or Monitoring Mechanism Regulation (MMR)/ reporting requirements.
- Working successfully with public authorities including Ministries or regional or local governments, with communication skills that foster cooperation and partnership building.
- As a minimum high quality analytical and document drafting skills, which can be demonstrated by reference to a recent (the previous 3 years) report that he/she has authored.
General professional experience:
- As a minimum, the Key Expert should demonstrate at least 12 years of professional experience related to the subject matter of the current contract, out of which at least 5 years of experience must be in an African country.
- As a minimum, the Key Expert should provide project references in the last 8 years related to the climate change action under the UNFCCC process to which they participated.
- Demonstrable deep knowledge and very good understanding of the international climate negotiation process and related mechanisms.
Specific professional experience
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in jobs requiring a deep knowledge on greenhouse gas monitoring and reporting, compilation and reviewing of national GHG inventory reports, as well as maintaining and managing GHG inventories.
- A minimum of 6 years of demonstrated working experience in working on MRV topics (i.e. domestic and/or international ones).
- A minimum of 6 years of demonstrated experience in implementation and/or enforcement related to a range of topics of the international climate change negotiation process and similar.
Interested and qualified? Go to GFA Consulting Group career website on www.gfa-group.de to apply
- Team Lead, Accounting at Clement Ashley Consulting
- Accounting Officer at Artee Group Industries
- Jobs at Sunrose Consulting Limited
- Logistics & Warehouse Manager at CWAY Group
- Job Vacancies at De Tastee Group
- Head, Support Services at Hyphen Consulting
- Digital Media Expert at Techie Planet Limited
- Latest Recruitment at The Dangote Group
- Administrative Assistant at Anadach Consulting
- Medical Officer at Sigma Consulting
- Latest Vacancies at Pivotage Consulting
- Unizik sacks senior lecturer, Peter Ekemezie over…
Only Jesus Can Save !
Popular Ads Today
- South Africa 🇿🇦 “Alleged child rapist dies after his testicles were chopped off by vigilantes” (40 views)
- This guy for real 😳?”Man accused of killing 51 worshipers at two New Zealand mosques in March pleads ‘not guilty’ to 92 charges”photo (33 views)
- Job Vacancies at God Is Good Motors – GIGM (29 views)
- Radio Frequency Engineer at Huawei Technologies Company Nigeria Limited (18 views)
- Suspected serial bank accounts hacker arrested in Lagos”photo (16 views)
- Uk 🇬🇧 “Boy, 17, raped in church graveyard” (16 views)
- Punch Newspaper sacks longest-serving editor, Martin Ayankola over offensive cartoon on Pastor Fatoyinbo”photo (15 views)
- Seriously 😳 “Alabama governor signs new bill requiring child sex offenders to undergo chemical castration” (11 views)
- Data Entry Officer at Knowledgeware Technologies Limited (7 views)
- Because of June 12”It is not enough to declare June 12 a work-free day when Nigerians still suffer from the suffocating grip of poverty – Atiku tells Buhari (6 views)
- Crime As EFCC docks man for N3.2m Facebook scam”photos (5 views)
- Police brutality “BB Naija’s Bam Bam accuses Nigerian police of harrassing her brother after accusing him of being an armed robber”photo (5 views)
- Advise Please “comment (4 views)
- Kenya police busted man with 17years school girl in Nairobi guesthouse (4 views)
- Video “Drama As Groom Drags Best Man Away From His Wife, Hits Him For Hugging Her Tightly “ (4 views)
Popular Ads Overall
- 23yrs Model Say”He rubbed his genitals in my face and sodomised me” – Ex- beauty queen narrates how she was allegedly raped by Gambia’s former President Jammeh”photos (1374 views)
- Funny”See what a lady got after she asked a tailor to recreate Mercy Aigbe’s iconic dress”photos (1033 views)
- This guy for real 😳?”Man accused of killing 51 worshipers at two New Zealand mosques in March pleads ‘not guilty’ to 92 charges”photo (647 views)
- In tears 😭 “Bella Thorne breaks down in tears on Instagram over Whoopi Goldberg’s remarks to her ‘leaked’ nude ”photos (614 views)
- Video “Drama As Groom Drags Best Man Away From His Wife, Hits Him For Hugging Her Tightly “ (586 views)
- South Africa 🇿🇦 “Alleged child rapist dies after his testicles were chopped off by vigilantes” (584 views)
- Good job 👏 “EFCC re-arraigns American for allegedly defrauding three Nigerians of $565,000 in epic visa scam” (565 views)
- Today in South Africa 🇿🇦 “Passenger jet is grounded after foetus is found blocking the toilet ahead of take-off” (562 views)
- Seriously 😳 “Alabama governor signs new bill requiring child sex offenders to undergo chemical castration” (508 views)
- Video I’m Happy Naira Marley Was Arrested “Ruggedman Mocks Him, Says He Played Himself “ (495 views)
- Congratulations 🍾 “Dbanj receives Silver plaque from YouTube after hitting 100,000 subscribers ”photos (467 views)
- Because of June 12”It is not enough to declare June 12 a work-free day when Nigerians still suffer from the suffocating grip of poverty – Atiku tells Buhari (456 views)
- Aren’t you surprised 😮 “Super Eagles coach, Gernot Rohr drops Kelechi Iheanacho and Semi Ajayi from the 2019 AFCON squad” (434 views)
- EFA Egyptian footballer Amr Warda is kicked out of Africa Cup of Nations for ‘sending aggressive and inappropriate sexual messages’ to several women“photos (432 views)
- Suspected serial bank accounts hacker arrested in Lagos”photo (408 views)