Tragic as Girl dies after allegedly being beaten by her elder sister for bed-wetting -photos
A 13-year-old girl has died after being beaten by her half-sister for bed-wetting.
Precious Omenka,13, was staying with her older half-sister Nneka and Nneka’s mother Seki Eko in Lekki, Lagos when she was brutally beaten, eventually leading to her death, their father said.
Mr. Emeka Omenka, the father of the deceased, said he had Nneka out of wedlock with Seki Eko. He later got married and his wife Ifeoma raised Nneka as her own as she found it hard conceiving her first child.
Mr Emeka Omenka said his older daughter Nneka asked that her younger sister Precious pays her a visit. Precious went to Nneka’s house in Ikota, Lekki on October 12, but was returned on October 16 looking weak with complaints of body pains. She informed her parents that she had been beaten by Nneka and her mother Seki Eko for wetting the bed.
Mr Omenka said Precious gave details of how she was kicked in the stomach, chest and sides several times. She added that she was beaten with a mop stick and a cable as well.
Precious, a JSS 3 student, was taken to Federal Medical Centre (FMC) Ebute Metta where she died on October 25 from complications resulting from the beating she allegedly received from her half-sister Nneka and Nneka’s mother.
According to The Nation, Precious’ death certificate revealed that the primary and secondary causes of death were Acute Kidney Injury (AKI) and Cardiopulmonary Collapse.
Reacting to his daughter’s death, Mr Omenka said: “I am in pain. My heart is broken. Nneka is my first daughter. I had her out of wedlock with one Seki Eko I was in a relationship with. Nneka was trained by my wife Ifeoma who loved her like her own child.
“When I got married to my wife, it was difficult for her to conceive and so she brought up Nneka like her own child. So, when she came and said Precious should come to her place, we did not have any reason to deny her request.
“Her husband lives in Dubai. She promised to send her to a private school to appreciate my wife for taking care of her.
“Precious went to her place on October 12. It was that weekend that it rained all through. Then, on October 14, which was a Monday, it also rained and Precious said she peed on the bed. That was her offence that made my daughter and her mother to descend on her like that.
“When they finished, they brought her back and dumped her at my place in Apapa Road, Ebute Metta. She was complaining of body pains and narrated what happened to her at her sister’s place in tears. I could not bear it and I wept as she was talking.
“My wife and I bought painkillers that we gave her. My wife was also using hot water and cloth to massage her body. We did not know that it was so bad. When we saw that she was not getting better despite the painkillers, we decided to take her to FMC because that’s where she was born.
“She was already stooling on her body and her mother was cleaning it. So, at the hospital, she was rushed to the emergency room after the doctors said she was short of blood. They did so many tests and scans and discovered that she was bleeding internally and that her bladder burst too.
“She was in the hospital some days and was booked for emergency surgery. I was busy running around to raise money to save my daughter’s life. I even borrowed from friends and family members so that she could be saved but at last we lost her.
“Nneka did not tell me what happened to my daughter and did not even come to the hospital until her relative from her mother’s side who works at the FMC called her to rebuke her. That was when she came and spent about N14,000 on my daughter’s drugs that day.
“I did not go to the police station then because I was busy running around for my daughter to be alright. But after she passed on…my kinsmen advised I report at the station. I went to Denton Police Station and Iponri but they told me it did not happen in their jurisdiction and that I should go to Lekki to report.
“I just sent a message to her husband and told him what she did. My wife has been inconsolable since then.
“I want justice for my daughter. I feel very disappointed that this happened to my family. I want human rights to come and government to investigate this case. Nneka is my daughter but Precious is also my daughter and she did not deserve to die like that,” he said.
The Nation reports that Nneka told those around her that her younger sister died as a result of ruptured appendicitis, adding that the girl was ill before she took her to her house.
But the mother of the deceased told the publication that she was still in shock over the incident and denied insinuations that Precious might have been ill.
She said: “My daughter was very healthy and even cooked for her younger ones that day before following Nneka. Nneka and her mother should explain what happened to my daughter. Nneka was brought to my house when she was 17 and we trained her in the university. I never did any wrong to her and then, she chose to pay me back this way?”
Meanwhile, a coalition of child advocates has volunteered to take over the case and ensure justice.
Sources at the police station said an order to exhume the teenager’s body would be sought so that autopsy could be conducted.
Police spokesman Bala Elkana confirmed the case was reported at Ajiwe Division in Ajah, adding that the suspects have been arrested.
- Tragic in Paris “French DJ, Cassius’ Philippe…
- Tragic “Lady dies of asphyxia after porn collector…
- Friday “Nigerian father of two allegedly tortured to…
- Dear Ap I have been in relationships with this girl…
- Tragic “Engineering student shot dead by armed…
- Unbelievable “Medical student allegedly dive…
- Tuesday “21yrs 300-level Uniben student allegedly…
- Plateau State : Nigerian man allegedly killed by…
- Tragic “One person dead after a helicopter crashed…
- Abuja “Celestial Church calls for rescue of three…
- Ap between a girl who stood by you when you had…
- Terrible”Driver crushes 4 schoolchildren to…
Only Jesus Can Save !
Popular Ads Today
- 23yrs Model Say”He rubbed his genitals in my face and sodomised me” – Ex- beauty queen narrates how she was allegedly raped by Gambia’s former President Jammeh”photos (379 views)
- Smart Nigerian “12-year-old Nigerian boy wins Special Recognition award for discovering a new Mathematics formula-photos (85 views)
- Tragic “Engineering student shot dead by armed robbers few hours to his final exam -photos (82 views)
- Retail Sales Executives at Allianz Nigeria Insurance plc (74 views)
- Good name is better than riches “British lawmaker Keith Vaz steps down after cocaine and male prostitutes scandal -photos (55 views)
- Katsina: Armed robber nabbed with stolen 32-seater Toyota coaster bus- photo (49 views)
- Karma is a bitch “Lagos police release list of six captured cultists who killed Fashola -photos (40 views)
- This guy for real 😳?”Man accused of killing 51 worshipers at two New Zealand mosques in March pleads ‘not guilty’ to 92 charges”photo (30 views)
- Executive Assistant at Opass Limited (30 views)
- South Africa 🇿🇦 “Alleged child rapist dies after his testicles were chopped off by vigilantes” (25 views)
- Van, Tricycle and Bike Sales Representative (22 views)
- Singer 👩🎤 Cardi B suffers nip slip at the BET awards after party (22 views)
- Toyota Camry car 🚙 used (20 views)
- Accountant at UnoCasa Limited (18 views)
- Sales Executive – Automotives at C.Woermann Nigeria Limited (18 views)
Popular Ads Overall
- 23yrs Model Say”He rubbed his genitals in my face and sodomised me” – Ex- beauty queen narrates how she was allegedly raped by Gambia’s former President Jammeh”photos (42863 views)
- Good job 👏 “EFCC re-arraigns American for allegedly defrauding three Nigerians of $565,000 in epic visa scam” (2128 views)
- In tears 😭 “Bella Thorne breaks down in tears on Instagram over Whoopi Goldberg’s remarks to her ‘leaked’ nude ”photos (1953 views)
- This guy for real 😳?”Man accused of killing 51 worshipers at two New Zealand mosques in March pleads ‘not guilty’ to 92 charges”photo (1896 views)
- Today in South Africa 🇿🇦 “Passenger jet is grounded after foetus is found blocking the toilet ahead of take-off” (1791 views)
- Congratulations 🍾 “Dbanj receives Silver plaque from YouTube after hitting 100,000 subscribers ”photos (1686 views)
- South Africa 🇿🇦 “Alleged child rapist dies after his testicles were chopped off by vigilantes” (1675 views)
- Seriously 😳 “Alabama governor signs new bill requiring child sex offenders to undergo chemical castration” (1525 views)
- Driver at Ventoven (1476 views)
- Aren’t you surprised 😮 “Super Eagles coach, Gernot Rohr drops Kelechi Iheanacho and Semi Ajayi from the 2019 AFCON squad” (1353 views)
- Funny”See what a lady got after she asked a tailor to recreate Mercy Aigbe’s iconic dress”photos (1313 views)
- Fresh Vacancies at Mondelez International LLC (1010 views)
- Unizik sacks senior lecturer, Peter Ekemezie over alleged certificate forgery”photo (1005 views)
- Singer 👩🎤 Cardi B suffers nip slip at the BET awards after party (985 views)
- Suspected serial bank accounts hacker arrested in Lagos”photo (922 views)